Planning Your Visit
Read more about our venues, parking, merchandise, policies and theatre amenities. Looking to stay in Holland for a few days? Dining and housing options are listed as well.
- Theatre Amenities
- Food and drink: The Rep offers refreshments including Pepsi products, juice, water, coffee, cookies, candy and snack mix at intermission
- Lost and found: Please check with our house manager before leaving the theatre. If you are unable to locate the item at that time, please contact the Ticket Office during normal business hours at 616.395.7890.
- Merchandise: The The Rep Store, located in the DeWitt lobby, is open prior to curtain, during intermission and following the performance. You will find The Rep apparel, memorabilia, CDs, books and items relevant to the season.
- Accommodation of latecomers: Seating for latecomers and patrons leaving the theatre will be at the house manager's discretion. There will be a member of the staff in the lobby at all times; please refer to them before entering the theatre. Latecomer seating will vary contingent upon the needs and struction of the production. Please plan ahead and allow adequate time for traffic, parking or any other delays. This will ensure a distraction-free experience for the actors and audience.
- Child attendance: Content advisories are available for every show so you can decide if a production is suitable for your child. If your child of any age causes a disruption during the performance, please leave the theatre as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Electronic devices: Please power off or silence all electronic devices prior to the performance and refrain from using them during the production.
- Recording and photography is strictly prohibited: Please refrain from recording or photographing the actors or set at all times, including when the performace has concluded and the actors have left the stage.
- Emergencies: For any emergency at The Rep, please contact the house manager or staff. If you are unable to do this in person, please call Campus Safety at 616.395.7770.
- Food, beverages and smoking: In the DeWitt Theatre, food and beverages are available at the The Rep Store and concessions stand. Beverages are only permitted in the theatre in a sealed container and food is only permitted in the lobby. Smoking is prohibited at The Rep, including electronic cigarettes.
- Directions and Parking
The DeWitt Theatre is located at 141 East 12th Street, Holland, Michigan. Parking lots can be found in numerous locations on the campus of Hope College. (You may park in all lots marked Vistor, Student and Faculty/Staff, as our Campus Safety staff do not ticket during the summer months.)
- Across the street from the theatre on Columbia Avenue
- Across the street from the Dow Center on 13th Street
- Behind Campus Safety on 11th Street
- Behind Martha Miller Center between 10th and 11th streets
- Dining Options
Looking to do dinner and a show? We are happy to recommend the following restaurants for your next trip to The Rep.
- Hotel Options
There are plenty of places to stay when you make the trip to Holland. We are pleased to recommend the following hotels for your next visit.
Haworth Inn and Conference Center
Located on Hope College's campus
Located 0.6 miles north of The Rep
Courtyard Holland Downtown by Marriott
Located 0.6 miles north of The Rep
1.9 miles southeast of The Rep
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson
2.8 miles north of The Rep
- The Rep venues/stages
Productions for The Rep's 49th Season are taking place in three different locations:
- DeWitt Main Theatre – Located on the first floor of the DeWitt Center at 141 East 12th Street.
- DeWitt Studio Theatre – Located in the basement of the DeWitt Center at 141 East 12th Street.
- John and Dede Howard Recital Hall – Located on the first floor of The Jack H. Miller Center at 225 Columbia Avenue, between 9th and 10th streets.
- Knickerbocker Theatre – Located at 86 E. 8th Street.
Hope Repertory Theatre is committed to ensuring that each of our productions is accessible to all of our patrons.
- Learn more about our latest intiative, Social Stories and Sensory Tools
- Assistive listening devices: The DeWitt Theatre is equipped with the Listen System which requires a headset pack to amplify the sound. Headsets are available at the The Rep Store. The DeWitt Theatre is also equipped with the T-coil Loop system. No additional assistive listening devices are required for patrons with compatible hearing aids or cochlear implants.
- Wheelchair accessibilty: The DeWitt Theatre is accessible for wheelchairs and walkers. Please contact the Ticket Office at 616.395.7890 to purchase your tickets.
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetHolland, MI 49423