Hope College has partnered with OnSite Wellness to inspire, educate and promote our faculty and staff to live a healthy, engaged and thriving life.
Stay Healthy At Home
While Hope College is operating remotely during the COVID-19 outbreak, here are some resources that can help you stay healthy at home.
Coronavirus Prevention Tips
- OnSite Wellness Webinars
OnSite will be doing additional live webinars — find information and register online.
- Online Learning
Lunch & Dinner Ideas
- Webinar Recordings
Healthy Eating on a Budget
Give Me 10!
- Weekly Challenges
LOL ‘Laugh Out Loud’ Challenge: April 13–17
As they say, laughter is medicine. Take this five-day challenge to laugh each day and track what made you laugh.
Be Still Challenge: April 27–May 1
Take at least 10 minutes each day this week to disconnect from media, slow down and do something you enjoy. Track what you do during your ‘be still’ time each day.
- Guided Meditations
Attitude of Gratitude
Stress Relief and Building Confidence
- Home Workout Options
- Hope College
- Bodyweight program and energy bites recipe from Dan Margritz, head strength and conditioning coach at Hope College
- Support local
- Fitness app ideas
- The Magic of Movement
Join Shannon Badgero for a virtual HIIT class this month! There are 11 classes planned for May(all but Memorial Day) at $7 each class if you sign up for all three days (M/W/F) at 11 a.m. Fewer than 3x/week is $8 a class. For more information, reach out to Shannon at email@example.com.
Never taken a HIIT Class before? Here’s a brief description of what to expect: HIIT is a full-body workout that includes a rigorous interval training sequence with high-intensity exercises. It builds cardiovascular fitness while improving muscular strength and endurance. This class will teach you how to perform the exercises correctly and offer variations to accommodate all participants.
*Not seeing something that you are interested in? Try searching on YouTube for the style of workout you like. Also, check with your local gym’s website or Facebook page. Many are providing free streaming of classes during this time.
- Hope College
- Mental Health Resources
- The Science Behind Happiness webinar recording (Employee Assistance Center)
- The Science of Well-Being personal development course (Coursera)
- The Covid Connection – Every day at 5 p.m.
- “Some Tips on How to Stay Sane in a World That Isn’t” (The New York Times)
- “That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief” (Harvard Business Review)
- COVID-19 resources from the Employee Assistance Center
Username: Hope College
- New Mindfulness Meditation Sessions
- Aware Mindfulness Channel
- Isolation: How to Mentally Cope with Social Isolation
- Eldercare: How to Support Those in Isolation and Stay Connected
- Working Parents: How to Juggle Your Changing Demands and Home School Your Child
- Mindfulness Sessions
- Transforming To a Virtual Team Overnight: How to Adjust to Remote Management
- Keep Calm and Carry On – Maintaining Your Composure During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Stress-Busting Strategies
- “Breathing & Sleeping Your Way Through the Covid-19 Crisis” (Thrive Global)
We desire to create a community that has an excellent quality of life by focusing on four dimensions of wellness.
- Physical: Choosing healthier lifestyle choices such as regular exercise and a balanced diet to optimize your quality of life, to prevent chronic diseases and conditions, and to improve vitality.
- Mental: Realizing your own potential, coping healthfully with the normal stresses of life, working productively and fruitfully, and giving back to your community.
- Financial: Establishing your own sense of financial security and freedom of choice, in the present and in the future.
- Spiritual: Finding purpose in life through connections with yourself, others, culture, nature or a power greater than yourself.
PH=Physical Health MH=Mental Health FH=Financial Health SH=Spiritual Health
- Physical Health
WW (Wellness that Works) Program
More opportunities to come soon!
- Mental Health
- November 20, 2018 — Mental Health & Hope Presentation
- Spiritual Health
More to come soon!
- Financial Health
- Retirement Planning Workshop — The Social Security Administration hosts webinars (registration required) on one
day each month. This webinar is interactive, so you may ask questions throughout the