Hope College provides self-serve laundry facilities in each of the residence halls, cottages and apartments.
- Wash: $1.50/load
- Dry: $1.50/load
All laundry rooms are available 24/7.
All laundry machines on campus are operated through the use of PayRange. This free app communicates between smartphones, tablets or bluetooth-enabled laptops and PayRange-equipped washers and dryers. A limited number of coin operated washers and dryers will be available in each of the residence halls only.
- How to use PayRange
How to use the PayRange – WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems mobile payment option:
- Download the free PayRange app.
- When prompted, create an account and add funds or link to an existing digital wallet.
- Users can add funds in increments of $5 or more. PayRange accepts all major credit and debit cards and digital wallets like Apple Pay, Android Pay or Masterpass.
- Upon entering the laundry room, launch the PayRange app.
- Swipe left or right to find the machine number you wish to use.
- Swipe up on the machine number and payment will be sent to the machine. You will see the confirmation on your screen once the payment is completed.
- Load your clothing, add soap and start.
- The PayRange app is abled to be translated for Mexican Spanish and French Canadian. This is based on the phones language settings.
- The PayRange app is compatiable with the phones accessibility setting for visually impaired individuals and will allow the phone to provide voiceover in the app.
- Get credit for funds still on your laundry card
Laundry cards can be turned in at the Student Development Office. We will collect your name and email address along with your card. We will verfiy the amount left on the card and issue a credit for remaining funds in the form of a redeemable code to be used on your PayRange account.
The redeemable code will credit "starts" to your PayRange account. This amount will not show up in the pre-paid balance. Instead, it will show up as a special offer. There will be a small yellow icon in the upper hand corner of each machine option. Click on yellow icon and select the offer you would like to use and follow the prompts to finish the transaction. If you have questions about this process, contact the Student Development Office at 616.395.7800.
Empty laundry cards can be returned to the Student Development Office to be recycled.
- Troubleshooting app and connection errors
If you are having trouble connecting with the PayRange app to operate a washer or dryer, please try the following steps.
- Restart your phone by turning it completely off, waiting 10–15 seconds and then turning your phone back on. This resets the Bluetooth and will hopefully resolve the issue.
- If you have an Android phone, ensure that your location services are on and set to high accuracy. Battery saver mode should be turned off.
- Be sure you're connected to the Hope College wi-fi.
- You may need to uninstall the app, then reinstall and log-in.
- If you continue to experience connection issues, the RayRange Support Center at 855.856.6398 may be able to troubleshoot further with you.
If you experience an situation where your account was charged, but the washer/dryer did not start, please submit a Physical Plant work order and we will have a WASH Laundry Technician address the concern. Be sure to include the washer/dryer ID number in the work order.
In the event that an error occurs during the purchase or transaction, the PayRange system issues a digital refund or credit through the app. To report a disrupted transaction, please contact the PayRange Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855.856.6398.
- Using high-efficiency machines
High-efficiency machines conserve energy and water and reduce the amount of detergent needed. For better laundry results, follow these guidelines:
- Do not overload the machines. It’s best to never fill the tub more than ¾ full. When putting clothes into the washer, don’t pack them inside the tub.
- Use only 1/4 cup of liquid detergent (high-efficiency is best). Too much detergent often causes poorly rinsed, wet, soapy clothes and possible detergent stains.
- Clean the lint filter in the dryer. A full lint trap can lead to poor dryer performance and your clothes still may be damp even when the cycle is complete.
- Service and Repair
WASH Laundry regularly visits all self-service laundry sites. However, with the washers/dryers in regular use, some machines may be out of order. We make every effort to identify and repair these promptly.
If you encounter a problem, contact your resident director (RD) or resident assistant (RA) and report the issue. Please provide the machine ID from the tag on the front of the machine. Your RD or RA will enter a work order to have the machine serviced. Hope College Physical Plant coordinates all work orders and will contact WASH Laundry.
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetFloor 1Holland, MI 49423