Risk and Responsibility
Hope College knows the value of, and encourages its students to participate in, a wide variety of educational experiences domestically and abroad. It is also important for faculty and staff to participate in domestic and international opportunities that enhance their learning and the reputation of Hope.
To manage health and safety risks, the Risk and Responsiblity Management Team, with the support of the Hope College administration, has developed the following directions for faculty, staff and student travel.
- Faculty/staff leader will accompany all off-campus programs that include students
- View a full listing of Faculty/Staff and Student Responsibilities
- Use of college vehicles is strongly encouraged. Faculty, staff and students should not be driving their own vehicles to off-campus programs unless reviewed by the Risk Management team. Questions/requests can be sent to email@example.com
- Ensure that all the necessary Risk and Responsibility forms are completed and submitted to Student Development prior to travel.
- Notifiy the college in the event of an itinerary change and/or emergency within the
group or location of the program.
- Follow and use the Recommended Procedures for Emergency Notification
- If you are traveling with students internationally, travel will be thoughtfully reviewed if the U.S. Department of State and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continue to maintain their highest alert levels.
Emergency Notifications Procedures
Operators are available 24 hours/day, seven days/week. Campus Safety will contact the appropriate college personnel to assist you.
In an effort to assist you better, we have included an example of the Emergency Information Call Sheet that Campus Safety will use when taking your call.