Theory and technique, culture and anatomy. A degree in dance covers it all.
Whether you’re looking to focus on performance, to teach dance or to pair your passion for dance with another major, our programs have you covered.
Hope College students completing a Dance degree will:
- Communicate personal voice and artistic intent through the creation and presentation of ideas and works
- Demonstrate multifaceted physicality and artistry; perform and present with developing presence, maturity and virtuosity
- Contribute as emerging artist and/or scholar to the ever-changing field of dance
- Synthesize theoretical and technical knowledge for expanded artistry, deepened inquiry and vocational pursuits
- Dance and a social science major
- Dance and a natural science major
- Dance and a humanities major
- Dance and a language major
All of our students, whether dance majors or minors, are welcomed into our degree programs. Students have the ability to immerse themselves in a dance degree while still fully engaging with the campus community.