Each school of genetic counseling has different admissions requirements, and most require the GRE entrance exam.
In addition to doing well on the GRE, schools of genetic counseling are looking for students who have experiences and activities directly related to patient advocacy. Check with the individual school or the health professions advisor for more information.
- General Biology I and Lab: Biol 105 & 107
- General Biology II and Lab: Biol 106 & 108
- Genetics and Lab: Biol 356 & 357
- 2–3 upper-level Biol courses
- General Chemistry I and Lab: Chem 125 & 127*
- General Chemistry II and Lab: Chem 126 & 128*
- Organic Chemistry I and Lab: Chem 221 & 255
- Organic Chemistry II and Lab: Chem 231 and 256
- Biochemistry I: Chem 311
*Accelerated General Chemistry and Lab, Chem 131 & 132, may be taken in place of Chem 125–128.
Additional Required Courses
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetFloor 1Holland, MI 49423