The MCAT can be taken at the end of your third year at Hope or at the end of your fourth year. Course sequencing suggestions are available here, depending on when you are planning to take the MCAT. Remember, these are only sample schedules; your final schedule may vary.
The courses listed below are currently offered at Hope and will prepare you for the MCAT.
Each podiatric school has different admissions requirements. Check with the school or the health professions advisor for more information.
- General Biology I and Lab: Biol 105 & 107
- General Biology II and Lab: Biol 106 & 108
- 3–4 upper-level Biol courses
- General Chemistry I and Lab: Chem 125 & 127*
- General Chemistry II and Lab: Chem 126 & 128*
- Organic Chemistry I and Lab: Chem 221 & 255
- Biochemistry I: Chem 311
*Accelerated General Chemistry and Lab, Chem 131 & 132, may be taken in place of Chem 125–128.
- College Physics I and Lab: Phys 105 & 141 or General Physics I and Lab: Phys 121 & 141
- College Physics II and Lab: Phys 106 & 142 or General Physics II and Lab: Phys 122 & 142
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED COURSES
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetFloor 1Holland, MI 49423