All veterinary medicine schools require the GRE entrance exam.
The courses listed below are currently offered at Hope and are required for most vet med schools. Note that some vet med schools do not accept AP credit for prerequisite requirements. Be sure to check with the individual school or the Health Professions Advisor for more information.
- General Biology I and Lab: Biol 105 & 107
- General Biology II and Lab: Biol 106 & 108
- Microbiology for the Allied Health Professions: Biol 231 or General Microbiology: Biol 301
- Advanced Cell Biology: Biol 348
- Genetics: Biol 356
- 1 additional upper-level Biol course
- General Chemistry I and Lab: Chem 125 & 127*
- General Chemistry II and Lab: Chem 126 & 128*
- Organic Chemistry I and Lab: Chem 221 & 255
- Organic Chemistry II and Lab: Chem 231 & 256
- Biochemistry I: Chem 311
*Accelerated General Chemistry and Lab, Chem 131 & 132, may be taken in place of Chem 125–128.
- College Physics I and Lab: Phys 105 & 141 or General Physics I and Lab: Phys 121 & 141
- College Physics II and Lab: Phys 106 & 142 or General Physics II and Lab: Phys 122 & 142
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED COURSES
- English courses: 4-9 credits dependong on the professional school
- Math: Calculus with Review I: Math 125, Calculus I: Math 131 or Statistics: Math 210: 4-8 credits depending on the professional school
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED COURSES
(REQUIRED FOR SOME VET MED SCHOOLS)
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetFloor 1Holland, MI 49423