Starting with a bachelor’s degree in religion, there are many places to go.
As an academic major in the humanities, the study of religion is like a history or English major: It imposes no limitations. But it also lends its own particular strengths to a number of different career choices.
Religion majors have successfully gone on to professional training in:
- Christian ministry of all types
- Business (particularly international business)
- Counseling and social work
Others have moved directly into the job market, taking up positions in:
- Event planning, hospitality or the service industry
- Government, foreign service or the Peace Corps
- Marketing and management
- Museums and the arts
- Nonprofit or non-governmental organizations