Discover priceless materials on innumerable subjects.
The Joint Archives, a department of Hope College's Van Wylen Library, is the consolidation of the archival collections of Hope College, Western Theological Seminary and other organizations that contract for archival services.
- Mission Statement
We promote the educational mission of Hope College and its partner institutions by actively collecting, caring for, interpreting and making available the unique historical resources in its care.
- College Publications
Works and writings from Hope College students and administrative offices. Materials are held in Digital Commons, the online institutional repository.
- Alumni Magazine: a monthly periodical aimed at Hope College graduates (ceased in 1979)
- The Anchor: Hope College's student-run newspaper
- Course Catalogs: information about areas of study, important dates in the academic calendar, course schedules and general college history
- The Joint Archives Quarterly: a newsletter put out four times a year by the Joint Archives
- The Milestone: the annual Hope College yearbook
- News from Hope College: a newsletter put out six times a year by the college
- Historical Records
Papers, manuscripts and audiovisual materials dating from 1866.
- Digital Commons: an online institutional repository that provides access to the scholarly and creative works of the Hope College community
- Collections Search: a database of materials held at the Theil Research Center
- Newspapers: selected periodicals issued in West Michigan and the Netherlands
- Oral Histories: recorded interviews with important figures, famous and obscure
- Image Collections
- Burr Tillstrom Papers: biographical information, correspondence, photographs and other resources about the creator of the Kukla, Fran and Ollie television show
- Envisioning Hope College: portraits of important people and places that were involved in the development of the college
- History of Holland: the history of Holland, Michigan, during the 19th and 20th centuries
- History of Science: images used in A Century of Science: Excellence at Hope College (2009)
- Louis P. Dame Papers: essays, articles, photographs and correspondence from doctor and missionary Louis P. Dame
- Nykerk Cup Competition: a competition between freshman and sophomore women of Hope College in the areas of song, oration, and play/drama
- Student Life: images of students at Hope College from the 1860s to the present
- Van Ark Postcard Collection: images of Holland, Michigan, from the 19th and 20th centuries