Peer Partnership Learning (PPL)
Are you enrolled in General Biology (BIOL 105/106), General Chemistry (CHEM 125/126) or Introduction to Engineering Materials (ENGS 122)? We’ve got your back!
PPL is a free program designed especially for you! Different than a group help session or tutoring, PPL teaches you how to learn course content along with what to learn.
On Friday afternoon, January 14, we will begin assigning students to PPL sections. Students will be notified of their PPL status via their Hope email address no later than Sunday, January 16, at 5 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: If demand outstrips available PPL enrollment slots, the remaining students will be added to the waitlist and will be assigned to PPL as space permits. The PPL sign-up form will remain live throughout the semester so students can continue to sign up at any point. You will be placed in PPL sections as space permits.
Peer Partnership Learning
PPL is unique for a few reasons:
- PPL enrollment is voluntary.
- PPL targets the course, not the student.
- PPL sessions involve active review of course content, but also focus on study strategies.
- PPL leaders have already taken the course and received a high grade, but they also sit in on the class again, take notes and read assignments to make PPL sessions as relevant and beneficial as possible.
- Statistically, students who regularly attend PPL earn at least 1/2 letter grade higher than non-participants.
What Students are saying about PPL:
- “I loved being a part of PPL this semester and I truly believe it helped me better understand and succeed in this course.”
- “I've learned new study strategies and I've locked in the material I learned in class.”
- “I definitely did not expect to be doing this well in the course. PPL has been an integral part of my success thus far.”
- “I love PPL and I want this to exist forever. It really helped because I got to hear other people's questions and they were about things I never even thought about.”
- “My PPL leader knew the material well and went out of her way to make extra practice quizzes and study guides for us that truly helped me do well in bio. I can't thank her enough!”
- “It forces me to set aside time to study for bio and actually contemplate what we are learning. Hugely beneficial on tests.”