Peer Partnership Learning (PPL)
Are you enrolled in General Biology (BIOL 105/106), General Chemistry (CHEM 125/126)? We’ve got your back!
PPL is a free program designed especially for you! Different than a group help session or tutoring, PPL teaches you how to learn course content along with what to learn.
PPL is unique for a few reasons:
- PPL enrollment is voluntary.
- PPL targets the course, not the student.
- PPL sessions involve active review of course content, but also focus on study strategies.
- PPL leaders have already taken the course and received a high grade, but they also sit in on the class again, take notes and read assignments to make PPL sessions as relevant and beneficial as possible.
- Statistically, students who regularly attend PPL earn at least 1/2 letter grade higher than non-participants.
What Students are saying about PPL:
- “I loved being a part of PPL this semester and I truly believe it helped me better understand and succeed in this course.”
- “I've learned new study strategies and I've locked in the material I learned in class.”
- “I definitely did not expect to be doing this well in the course. PPL has been an integral part of my success thus far.”
- “I love PPL and I want this to exist forever. It really helped because I got to hear other people's questions and they were about things I never even thought about.”
- “My PPL leader knew the material well and went out of her way to make extra practice quizzes and study guides for us that truly helped me do well in bio. I can't thank her enough!”
- “It forces me to set aside time to study for bio and actually contemplate what we are learning. Hugely beneficial on tests.”