How can you make a difference?
Becoming a part of CASA means becoming a part of an organization dedicated to helping children within the community. You're invited to get involved!
We love volunteers. We see great things happen when over 400 people come around us every year to help.
Volunteer tutors are on the scene every day during the academic year to work with elementary school students who need help with their school progress. You are at the heart of a caring one-on-one mentoring relationship.
- Many Hope College students serve as tutors, along with high school students and community members
- For consistency, CASA tutors volunteer on the same two days for the duration of the
- Monday and Wednesday, or
- Tuesday and Thursday
- Organize Special Activities and Events
Interact with students
What are the meaningful, interactive opportunities for elementary school students?
These can take the form of:
- Wellness activities
- Science projects
- Holiday parties
- Arts and crafts
- Sometimes just plain, simple games are a great addition to our sessions
Please contact us if you or your group would like to plan one of these opportunities.
Work behind the scenes
For those who like to work behind the scenes, events can take the form of:
- Helping to equip our students with books, homework supplies or backpacks
- Adding to our enrichment supplies with educational games and materials
- Benefit fundraisers that boost the services we offer
- Family events that build relationships and celebrate our students’ accomplishments
- Volunteer at Summer CASA
Become a Donor
“CASA is great because we get to read and play games! Every Tuesday and Thursday I can't wait to come to CASA after school. My reading has improved a lot since I came to CASA.”
—Jactavius, 2nd grade