We have designed our programs to give individual attention to all our young learners so they experience success every day.
Our year-round sessions are held on the Hope College campus and are free to elementary school students who are referred by their schools and admitted for enrollment by CASA. These sessions come complete with:
- Academic time
- Transportation (within our service area)
- Snacks or light meals
- Enrichment time
Academic Year Sessions
We start our Fall Session in late September and end the first week of December. Our Spring Session begins in late January and ends the last week of April.
- Students are assigned to attend two days a week
- Sessions are immediately after school and end at 5:30 p.m.
- Each student is matched with an individual tutor for the duration of the semester (or longer when possible)
- Once enrolled, students are to attend each session
Summer CASA runs for six weeks, beginning in mid-June and ending in late July.
- Students attend Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Classrooms are intentionally small
- Certified teachers design a curriculum that accentuates creative teaching and interactive learning
- We offer frequent field trips and opportunities for experiential learning