The masterminds who make the magic happen.
Our five conference coordinators are the first faces our summer guests see when they arrive on campus and the ones who ensure everything goes off without a hitch (or find a solution if it doesn't). They'll take our guests' experience from average to amazing, knocking socks off left and right with campus wisdom, friendliness and genuine excitement to make things happen.
- POSITION SUMMARY
Conference Coordinators directly support the Events and Conferences Office (ECO) by coordinating various aspects of summer conferences and special events. As part of the overall summer conference operation, the Conference Coordinators will:
- Plan logistical and administrative arrangements with various summer conference groups
- Serve as a Hope liaison with conference leaders and attendees both prior to conference arrival and while group is on campus
- Coordinate with necessary campus departments to arrange for services and equipment
- Coordinate meeting rooms, housing, and dining room needs
- Assist with light meeting preparation work (moving tables, chairs, boxes, etc.)
- Assist with registration and various administrative duties as directed
- Respond to the needs and requests of summer conference participants at all times with a positive attitude
- Assist clients with logistical wedding arrangements, rehearsal and wedding set-ups with Hope staff
- Assist the wedding party while they are in the chapel
- Enforce applicable college regulations and policies
- Complete other assignments as directed
- REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
Conference Coordinators are expected to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups. They should be effective communicators and troubleshooters, enthusiastic and self-motivated. They should be emotionally and socially mature, possess superior planning and organizational skills, have a good knowledge of campus facilities, and have the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision. The ability to be diplomatic is essential. Conference Coordinators should possess a commitment to Hope College and desire to positively represent the college in their day-to-day work.
Conference Coordinators must:
- Reside in designated campus housing during the summer conference season
- Have a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA
- Be in good judicial standing
- Possess a valid U.S driver's license
- TIME COMMITMENT
- Conference Coordinators work an average of 40 hours per week, with additional hours during the peak times of late June and July. Conference Coordinators rotate the on-call position nightly on weekends and at least one coordinator will be on call 24 hours during the weekends. They should expect weekend work and should always be accessible by text or phone call. Overall hours and office hours will vary depending on the conferences and weddings on campus at any given time. Flexibility is a must and outside commitments must be kept to a minimum. Due to the nature of our work, we cannot grant week-long vacations or extended weekends. Each Conference Coordinator is guaranteed two weekends off during the summer, but don't worry — there is always opportunity for additional time off.
- Each Conference Coordinator will receive campus housing, a 10-meal plan and an hourly rate of $9.87.
- INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
- In addition to compensation, applicants may use the position as an internship with a Hope College academic department. Prior participating departments include communication, economics, management and accounting, but other department-sponsored internships are welcome! The Events and Conferences Office will cover half of the cost of tuition for up to four hours of college credit.
- APPLICATION PROCESS
- February 25: Applications due
- First week of March: Interviews
- Mid March: Candidate selection
- May 11: Summer begins!
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Chad Carlson at 616.395.7222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Anderson-Werkman Center100 East 8th StreetSuite 130Holland, MI 49423