Students bring life to the Events and Conferences Office. If you like to work hard and play hard, all while developing relationships and expanding your skill set, then this is the place for you!
The Events and Conferences Office provides an opportunity for students to work closely with our dedicated full-time staff in the behind-the-scenes work for many of the events at Hope College, ranging from performances to concerts to lectures to sporting events. There's something here for everyone — whether you want to sell and collect tickets, provide sound and video assistance, create the posters for arts and athletic events or stick around during the summer as a housing assistant or conference coordinator, we want to help you succeed. You're not just a student worker here; you are part of our team, and we want to see you grow and leave the office better than when you came in.
“I repeatedly tell everyone that this job and these people are my safe place. Every single person that works in this office is loved and respected, and it creates a community that I honestly don't think can be found anywhere else on campus. One of the best decisions I've made in college was to put my application in here.” —Rachel Blough ’18
- EVENT STAFF
- Event Staff team members are the hands and feet of creating successful shows and events. They are responsible for set-up and tear-down for each event and are the friendly faces you see as ushers, ticket takers, door guards and greeters. There are opportunities for involvement with subgroups focusing on New Crew (a kids program), fan enhancement, promotion and publicity, season ticket holder services and more. Contact Mike Howes to learn more.
- TICKET STAFF
- Ticket staff members communicate with customers about events and sell tickets by phone and in-person at our main Ticket Office in the Anderson-Werkman Financial Center and at every event. These students also also serve as Event Staff members. Contact Mike Howes to learn more.
- EVENTS TECHNICIAN
- The Event Technical Staff provides lighting, sound and presentation support to most of Hope's campus. They are responsible for technical support in major campus venues, and also provide presentation support for campus events and guests. Skills for technical staff include live audio set up and mixing, as well as lighting for theater, dance and concerts. They may also provide support for video presentations and playbacks. Contact Kyle Inman to learn more.
- VIDEO SERVICES MEDIA TECHNICIAN
- First-time Video Services Media Technicians are primarily responsible for acting as camera operators in recording various events, including live streaming. Previous experience is helpful, but motivated students will be trained on the job. There are opportunities for more experienced workers to take on more significant roles such as directing, graphics creation, instant replay and editing. Contact Phil Blauw to learn more.
- PRESS RELEASE & GRAPHIC DESIGN
- Graphic Designers are asked to work on a variety of publications for arts and athletic events, including posters, brochures, postcards, email images, online graphics and large banners. Experience in InDesign and Photoshop is preferred, along with other software and online programs. Publicity students focus on writing over 70 press releases, along with other writing materials for the college. Contact Theresa Bravata to learn more.
- HOUSING ASSISTANT
- Housing Assistants support the Events and Conferences Office during the summer conference season by assisting guests with a variety of needs in the residence halls including lock-out assistance, creating and maintaining bulletin boards, assisting in monitoring safety and security, and more. Each student receives a single room in their assigned residence hall. Night and weekend work are required, as well as being there overnight when guests are in your building. For more information and to apply, contact Odille Parker.
“I have made life-long friends and have a blast every single time that I'm at work. I get to be involved with campus events more than I would ever do on my own time, and that has been awesome. I feel far more connected to Hope's campus with this job.” -Morgan Miller ’17
Anderson-Werkman Center100 East 8th StreetSuite 130Holland, MI 49423