What to Expect
To make this season of live theatre possible, we've made a few changes. Here's what you can expect in 2021!
- 2021 Covid Safety Regulations
Thanks to updated guidance from Actors' Equity Association (AEA), masks are no longer required to attend HSRT performances this season.
Masks are still strongly encouraged, especially when entering the performance space and while being seated, and we ask that all patrons bring a mask with them "just in case." As we have seen throughout the pandemic, guidance and protocols can alter quickly and we do not want anyone to be caught off guard if there is a sudden change in policy.
To assure the safety of all patrons and performers we will require all audience members maintain a 4-foot distance between themselves and those outside of their household at all times. Seating will be arranged in such a way to assist in social distancing. We ask that patrons do not alter seating plans, as any adjustments will violate social distancing guidelines.
For health and safety purposes, HSRT will not be re-using printed programs between performances. Disposable, one-sheet programs will be available for patrons who would like to read about our cast and crew for each show. In addition, guests may access our online season program via a provided QR code. Souvenir programs may be purchased and all proceeds will benefit our education program and be used to provide camp scholarships to area children.
Food and Drink
To accommodate the use of masks and to help keep the Hope College Pine Grove clean, no food or drink (with the exception of water) will be permitted in the theatre area. There will be no concessions available for purchase this season.
- Directions and Parking
The Pine Grove is located between Dimnent Chapel and the Bultman Student Center at 277 College Ave., Holland, Michigan. Parking lots can be found in numerous locations on the campus of Hope College. (You may park in all lots marked Visitor, Student and Faculty/Staff, as our Campus Safety staff do not ticket during the summer months.)
- Across the street from the theatre on Columbia Avenue
- Across the street from the Dow Center on 13th Street
- Behind Campus Safety on 11th Street
- Behind Martha Miller Center between 10th and 11th streets
- Behind the Schaap Science Center on 12th Street
- Behind the Brumler Apartments off 13th Street
- Please do not park in the Western Seminary parking lot
The main entrance to the performance space will be clearly marked and our front of house staff will be there to guide you as well.
- Seating and Ticketing
Because our seating is outdoors and socially distanced this summer, we've made some big changes to our seating chart. Please contact the box office with any aditional questions: 616.395.7890
- Seating will be arranged in socially distanced pods of two which can be combined to create seating for up to four within the same household. For groups larger than four, please call our Box Office for assistance.
- The first three rows of seating are ground or picnic style, in order to improve sightlines for other rows.
- Chairs are allowed in rows four and back. Patrons may bring their own comfortable chair or have a folding chair provided. Please see your front of house staff to request a folding chair.
- We ask that pods not be combined to exceed four patrons and the socially distanced layout be maintained.
- Individual tickets for each show may be purchased online. To reserve your seats for season packages, please call our box office: 616.395.7890
Box Office Hours
Dewitt Student and Cultural Center: Opening June 7, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Monday–Friday
Hope College Box Office: 100 E 8th St., 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Monday–Friday
- Weather Protocol
1. FEEL FREE TO CALL
Calling is always the best option. We never want anyone confused about what may be happening in regards to our outdoor performances this summer. As we all know weather can change quickly in Western Michigan, so always feel free to call our ticket office at 616.395.7890 if you have any questions.
2. “WEATHER WATCH” AND WHERE TO LOOK FOR UPDATES
“WEATHER WATCH” will be our alert to patrons that we expect that weather could potentially effect the performance that day. When a “WEATHER WATCH” is announced it will posted on all social media outlets (Facebook/Instagram), and the ticket office will send out an email to all ticket holders for the effected performance.
3. CANCELLED PERFORMANCE PROTOCOL
If a performance is cancelled the following protocols will begin:
- Email notification will come no later than 75 minutes before show time.
- Social media posts will be made no later than 75 minutes before show time.
If you do not receive an email or are unable to access social media. We ask again that you call our ticket office for any clarification you may need in regards to the status of a performance.
4. RESCHEDULING YOUR TICKETS
If a performance is cancelled the following protocols will begin:
- The ticket office will remain open till 8 p.m. for cancelled evening performances and 2 p.m. for matinee performances. You may call and reschedule your tickets at that time if you so choose.
- If you choose not to reschedule day of, you will receive and email the following morning that will provide information on options that are available for you to attend an alternate performance.
If you do not receive an email, we ask again that you call our ticket office for assistance.
5. HAVE THE MINDSET OF “THE SHOW MUST GO ON”
It will always be our goal to have a performance take place, and the HSRT staff will be constantly monitoring the weather. Do not assume a performance is cancelled unless you receive email notification from our ticket office. We will only cancel a performance if we are 100% positive that the weather conditions will be uncomfortable or unsafe.
As always, thank you for your patience and support as we navigate through the unique challenges of producing outdoor theatre for the very first time in our 49 year history. We’ll see you in the Pine Grove!
Hope Summer Repertory Theatre is committed to ensuring that each of our productions is accessible to all of our patrons.
- Learn more about our latest initiative, Social Stories and Sensory Tools
- Assistive listening devices: The Pine Grove will be equipped with the Listen System which requires a headset pack to amplify the sound. Headsets are available. Please see your house manager and front of house staff. The Pine Grove will be equipped with the T-coil Loop system. No additional assistive listening devices are required for patrons with compatible hearing aids or cochlear implants.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The Pine Grove is accessible for wheelchairs and walkers. Please contact the Ticket Office at 616.395.7890 to purchase your tickets.
- Other Policies
- Accommodation of latecomers: Seating for latecomers and patrons leaving the theatre will be at the house manager's discretion. There will be a member of the staff in the lobby at all times; please refer to them before entering the theatre. Latecomer seating will vary contingent upon the needs and struction of the production. Please plan ahead and allow adequate time for traffic, parking or any other delays. This will ensure a distraction-free experience for the actors and audience.
- Child attendance: Content advisories are available for every show so you can decide if a production is suitable for your child. If your child of any age causes a disruption during the performance, please leave the theatre as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Electronic devices: Please power off or silence all electronic devices prior to the performance and refrain from using them during the production.
- Recording and photography is strictly prohibited: Please refrain from recording or photographing the actors or set at all times, including when the performace has concluded and the actors have left the stage.
- Emergencies: For any emergency at HSRT, please contact the house manager or staff. If you are unable to do this in person, please call Campus Safety at 616.395.7770.
Please reach out with any further questions:
Box Office: 616.395.7890
Theatre Office: 616.395.7600
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetHolland, MI 49423