As we work together during these unprecedented times, we need all employees to be aware of several items regarding benefits and payroll. Know that your wellness is our top priority; we are doing everything we can to reduce the burden of this situation on you and your family.
Please take a few minutes and read through the information below so that you are well prepared for the weeks ahead.
Both CVS and Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) have asked us to share notices regarding coverage for COVID-19 medical services along with important information regarding prescription refills. Please read the CVS notice and the BCBS notice.
Most importantly, employees with BCBS coverage are being asked to sign up for the BCBS Online Medical Service that Hope’s plan supports. Please take some time to learn about the service and set up your account. This is being asked so that when individuals experience mild or moderate COVID-19 symptoms or other medical issues unrelated to the virus, we are not overloading our medical community (E.R., urgent care, and physician offices) with non-severe cases. You are able to use BCBS Online Medical Service as often as you need, and when you use it, you will be speaking in person with licensed physicians and nurses. It is important to enroll now, prior to your becoming ill.
The college has created new leave policies addressing several COVID-19 situations. Please review the following charts for additional information:
- COVID-19 Related Leave Policies for Administrative Staff asked to return to work
- COVID-19 Related Leave Policies for Hourly Staff asked to return to work
- Conditions that qualify for the Covid-19 Serious Health Condition Leave Policy
Based on recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Hope College has determined the following serious health conditions will qualify for the new Covid-19 Serious Health Condition Leave Policy.
- Chronic lung disease (such as COPD, cystic fibrosis, etc.)
- Moderate to severe asthma (typically difficulty in controlling the asthma)
- Serious heart conditions
- Diagnosed immunocompromised diseases (lupus, RA, MS, etc.)
- Severe obesity (BMI 40 or greater)
- Diabetes (uncontrolled or requiring insulin)
- Chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
- Liver disease
- Cancer – currently undergoing treatment for cancer or has undergone treatment in the past 12 months.
- Other serious conditions based on medical diagnosis
- Age 65 or older
Other medical conditions/lifestyles that put an individual at higher risk, but do not qualify as a serious health condition, are not applicable for this leave policy but are eligible for the Unpaid Leave Policy.
It is very important the college keep track of numbers of those ill with COVID-19 or those asked to self-quarantine.
- If you have been asked to quarantine by a medical professional or health department, please notify HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are ill with COVID-19 symptoms, make sure you stay home until cleared or confirmation can occur (if possible). In either case, please notify HR at email@example.com.
If you have a benefit change while you are away from campus, please continue to follow the normal Benefit Changes process, which will alert firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not previously signed up for direct deposit of your paycheck, now is the time! Please log in to your plus.hope.edu account and do this right away.
If you approve student and hourly timecards, and you are away from campus, please remember to approve your timecards.
Hourly employees, don’t forget to submit your hours if you are working off site!
PAYMENT FOR WAGES FOR FACULTY AND STAFF
Specifically for hourly-paid full-time and part-time staff: Hourly regular staff are continuing to be paid at this time. Employees should put hours actually worked as "regular hours" and all other time under "shutdown". If an employee is sick, short term disability, or vacation, please record as such.
Employees with work-related travel questions should contact Risk and Responsibility for direction. Restrictions do not apply to personal travel. However, you are strongly encouraged to anticipate potential travel issues that could include delays and require self-quarantine upon return. Be aware that, as outbreaks develop, Hope’s travel restrictions may change.
YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO US!
The primary goal of Hope College and the HR team is to make sure you are well cared for during this time, and that you continue to receive your full pay and benefits. This will allow you to focus on your well-being and that of your family. YOU are our most valuable resource! Please take all the necessary precautions to keep you and your family safe during this time!
Anderson-Werkman Center100 East 8th StreetSuite 210Holland, MI 49423