Coed Badminton Rules
Coed badminton will be played as a doubles sport. You may have up to six players on your roster, but only two will play at a time (one male and one female). If playing with more than two players, the person will rotate in on their serve, maintaining the one male to one female ratio.
- The server shall stand with both feet within their service court
- All serves must be delivered underhand, and the receiver must stand still until the service is struck
- A serve on the boundary line is considered "in"
- The serve is always struck from the right hand box and must go to the diagonal box of their opponent
A rally is won when a shuttle is hit over the net and onto the floor of the opponent's court in bounds or on the line.
A rally is lost if the shuttle:
- Is hit into the net
- Is hit over the net but out of bounds
- Touches the player's clothing or body
- Is hit before it has completely crossed over the net
- Rally scoring to 21 will be used, and teams must win by two points
- Games will consist of a best two out of three format, with the third game being rally scoring to 15
All protests must be made in writing and presented to the Dow office according to IM protest rules in the IM Handbook.
All teams are expected to be dressed and ready to play (lineup properly recorded) at game time. No black-soled shoes are allowed on the gym floor.
IM sportsmanship rules will be strictly enforced. Rosters will be checked regularly. Unsportsmanlike action will not be tolerated!
- One no show will put your team on probation. Once on probation, either one additional no show or one forfeit will remove your team from competition.
- Additional players may be added up to game time on the day of your scheduled event using the roster addition form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Dow Center168 East 13th StreetHolland, MI 49423