Your transcript is the official documentation of your record at Hope College. Official transcripts can be requested in paper or electronic form.
Unofficial transcripts can be printed from plus.hope.edu.
- Your written signature is required for each new transcript request.
- Transcripts will not be released if you have a financial obligation with Hope.
- A valid photo ID is required to pick up transcripts.
- 1–2 business days are required to process your request. Processing time may increase during registration week, holidays and at the end of each semester.
- For electronic transcripts, your written authorization form must be submitted before your transcript will be generated and delivered. Our 1–2 business day processing timeframe begins once your authorization form has been received and approved. If you attended any time prior to August 1984, you do not have access to an electronic transcript — you can request a paper transcript.
- Transcripts will not be processed during campus shutdown (the week between Christmas and New Year’s).
- Hope cannot guarantee delivery time, so allow ample time for arrival.
- OFFICIAL PAPER TRANSCRIPTS
To request an official paper transcript, submit a transcript request form with your hand written signature by fax, mail, in-person or email to email@example.com. If you fax your transcript request, we recommend you call to verify your request was received.
One form must be completed for each recipient. A computer typed signature is not valid. If you don’t have a scanner to email your signed form, you can use a smart phone to take a picture of the form. Please make sure the picture is of high enough quality for us to read.
Special forms or attachments can be sent directly with your transcript. They must be included with your submitted transcript request form.
We cannot accept phone requests for official transcripts, as your transcript contains confidential information and we need your handwritten signature to process it.
We do not charge for official paper transcript requests, unless you request to expedite shipping.
Transcripts faxed to or from Hope are not considered official. We do accept hand-delivered transcripts, but they must be in a sealed envelope with the college or university stamp or seal indicating that it’s official.
RELEASE OF PAPER TRANSCRIPTS
We can release official transcripts to you directly. Each official paper transcript is individually sealed, stamped with the Registrar’s signature and packaged in its own envelope. The envelope must remain unopened for the final recipient in order to be considered official.
If you need someone else to pick up your paper transcript for you, you must specify their legal name on your transcript request in the indicated box. They will be required to show a valid ID at pick up.
- OFFICIAL ELECTRONIC TRANSCRIPTS
Electronic transcripts are only available if you attended after August 1984. If you attended any time prior to August 1984, electronic transcripts are not available for you.
Hope College is partnered with Credentials Inc. to accept and process official electronic transcript orders. Credentials charges a $3 fee for processing electronic transcripts; Hope does not charge an additional fee. Orders must be placed through Credentials Inc. through this website.
Detailed instructions for placing an order through Credentials are available.
If you are uncomfortable placing an order over the internet by yourself, you can call Credentials at 847.716.3005 to assist you with placing your request; however, Credentials Inc. will charge an additional fee on top of the regular $3 processing fee. You can also stop by our office for assistance.
When placing an order for electronic transcripts, it is important to note that you should not use the back arrow on your internet browser but instead use links provided directly within the page to navigate — this includes buttons like "Next," "Previous," and "Cancel This Recipient." If you use the back arrow, you will have to restart your request and reenter all your information.
Attachments can be uploaded within Credentials Inc. to be included with your official electronic transcript.
A hand-signed authorization form is required for every new order you place with Credentials Inc. and must be submitted to them before your order can be processed. A computer-typed signature is not valid. If you don’t have a scanner, you can use a smart phone to take a picture of your signed authorization form. Email the picture to yourself and download the form onto your computer. You will then be able to submit that file to Credentials Inc. using the link in the authorization email they sent to you. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can check the status of your transcript order here.
Emailing a transcript is not the same as electronic delivery. Transcripts that are delivered electronically by Credentials Inc. or another service to or from Hope are considered official; transcripts sent via email attachment are not official.
We do not accept requests for mailed transcripts through Credentials Inc. Mailed transcripts can only be obtained through our office directly by requesting an official paper transcript.
CHOOSING A RECIPIENT MANUALLY
You should always look to see if your recipient is listed in Credentials Inc.'s recipient table. If it is not, click "Cancel this recipient" to return to the main recipient page and select "Enter my recipient manually." Please follow the below instructions for entering it correctly (2 is the most crucial step):
- Select the "Enter Recipient Manually" and click "Next."
- In the "This recipient is" dropdown, you must select "A Business or other third party." If you select any of the other options, you will not be able to select a delivery method, and you will have to click "Cancel" and restart your request.
- Enter the requested information. Note that entering a physical address will not result in your transcript being mailed through the postal service. You can enter "N/A" for the phone.
- Choose "PDF Transcript Downloaded by Third-Party Recipient" option. This is your only option for delivery. Enter the recipient email address in the corresponding fields. Click "Next."
- UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
View and print your unofficial transcript by logging into your plus.hope.edu account. Go to Registrar and Student Accounts > Student Records > Unofficial Transcript. You can print or save it as a PDF by choosing the Print function on your browser.
If you do not know your log in information, you can request to receive it. Current students should come to the Registrar’s Office to complete a request form; former students can call or email the Registrar’s Office to ask to be emailed the request form.
If you attended prior to August 1984, you do not have access to an unofficial transcript through plus.hope.edu.
- OFFICIAL VS. UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
- Typically, official transcripts are for colleges or universities you are applying
to, job applications and scholarships. Official transcripts should be sent directly
to the receiving organization and must be requested through a paper transcript request
form or an electronic transcript request.
Unofficial transcripts are useful if you want to see which classes you’ve taken, your GPA, how many credits you have earned and specific grades. We advise you to review your unofficial transcript on plus.hope.edu before you request an official transcript.
- WHAT'S ON YOUR TRANSCRIPT
As soon as you are registered for a future semester/term, those courses will appear on your transcript as “In Progress.”
Majors and minors are only included on your transcript after your degree has been awarded. If you have requested an official transcript and marked “wait for posting of degree,” we will process your transcript as soon as we can once all of your grades have been received and all graduation requirements are met.
On your transcript, the R column is for a repeated course. In that column, courses with the same number will have an "I" for both lecture and lab or lecture and drill. The “I” means that the course is included in your GPA. Courses with an “E” have been excluded from your GPA: if you have repeated a course to try to improve your grade, your most recent attempt is included in your GPA.
- FINANCIAL HOLDS
- To find out if you have a financial obligation with Hope that would prevent your transcript
being released, check the status of your account through plus.hope.edu and make your payment if necessary. Once you have made your payment, you still must
contact Business Services to have the hold lifted from your account.
Electronic transcript requests will be canceled if you have a financial hold. Your $3 fee will not be refunded by Credentials eScrip-Safe.
- ORDERING MULTIPLE COPIES
You may order as many copies as you need, although we recommend 10 or fewer per paper request. Indicate the number of copies on your request form.
You may send transcripts to multiple organizations or schools. For paper requests, submit one form per organization. For electronic requests, have the recipient name and email address available before you submit your order through Transcripts on Demand.
- EXPEDITING YOUR TRANSCRIPT
To expedite your transcript, you have two options. Both options still require 1–2 business days for processing and additional days if you have a financial hold.
Option 1: Expedite your official paper transcript
- You will be responsible for the shipping fee: $7 for Priority USPS, or $24 for overnight delivery.
- You must pay the fee online before your request can be processed.
- Check your plus.hope.edu account or contact Business Services before you make your request to find out if you have a hold.
- Indicate which type of delivery you would like at the top of your transcript request form.
- The Registrar’s Office may be able to expedite the 1–2 business day processing, but we cannot guarantee this, depending on the time of the year. Call our office to inquire.
Option 2: Request an official electronic transcript
The 1–2 business day processing time still applies, unless you call our office to see if we can process it faster. (Available if you attended after 1984.)
- ELECTRONIC TRANSCRIPT HELP
Electronic transcripts delivered directly to you will have an “Issued to Student” watermark. Electronic transcripts are official in their original PDF format only – if you print it, it will no longer be official. Follow the instructions below to ensure your electronic transcript remains official.
When you request your electronic transcript to be sent to yourself, you will receive two emails from Credentials Inc. (email@example.com). The first, "Part 1", contains a link to download your transcript. The second, "Part 2", contains an "Access Code" for you to access your official transcript. The "Part 2" email will be sent approximately 5 minutes after the "Part 1" email. To obtain your transcript, follow the below steps:
- In the "Part 1" email, click the link to download your transcript. Once you click
it, the link will remain active for 24 hours. After 24 hours, it becomes inactive
and you will not be able to save the transcript.
- A new window will pop up that asks for the first name, middle name, last name, telephone number, e-mail address, and access code. Enter the requested information (including the provided Access Code from the "Part 2" email). Click "Submit".
- Download your transcript.
- Once downloaded, you should save this PDF transcript in a secure location on your computer as it will become ineligible for downloading at 7:00 pm CST on the second business day after you initially open or download it.
- You will not be able to download this transcript from our server once it has been deleted.
- Once this transcript has been downloaded and until 6 months after downloading it, you may request that Credentials Inc. re-certify the authenticity of the document and confirm that it has not been modified since it was originally produced by clicking: Re-Certify.
- A printed copy of this transcript is considered an "Un-Official" copy and will display the words "PRINTED COPY" on all pages of the PDF.
- For additional information, please see the transcript cover page (page 1 in the PDF).
If you do not download this PDF transcript within 30 days, it will be deleted. Your charge for this order, will not be refunded. If you still need this transcript, you will need to order another one.
You will also only have 30 days to submit your authorization form for each electronic transcript request. If your form is not sumbitted within this time frame, your request will be cancelled.
You will receive status notifications and reminders from Credentials Inc. if any action is pending (for example, if you have not uploaded your signed authorization form) regarding your request. Please follow the instructions listed in these emails.
Electronic transcript payment or refund inquiries should be directed to Credentials Inc. In addition to your name, they may ask for your account number, order number and order date.
436 W. Frontage Rd, Ste 200
Northfield, IL 60093
Phone: 1-847-716-3005 toll-free
Transcript Authorization forms should be faxed to: The fax number in the upper right corner of your authorization form.
Their Customer Service hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CST/CDT Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST/CDT Friday.
- In the "Part 1" email, click the link to download your transcript. Once you click it, the link will remain active for 24 hours. After 24 hours, it becomes inactive and you will not be able to save the transcript.