Have you ever wanted to see what science is really all about? To be a part of something larger than yourself? Do you want to do that at the beginning of your college career?
We provide each student with a broad background in the biological sciences, with the opportunity to study several areas of biological science in depth.
With a major in one of our biology-based degrees, students will:
- Be prepared for graduate study in biochemistry and molecular biology and related fields, or entry into technical careers
- Learn the concepts and skills required to be successful scientists in the field
- Receive excellent preparation for professional degrees such as medicine, dentistry or veterinary medicine.
- Have the opportunities to pursue research in the biology and chemistry departments, and will gain skills and knowledge essential in preparing future scientists
- Have opportunities to interact one-on-one with their professors, use state-of-the-art technologies and present their work at the national meeting of biochemistry and molecular biology