Incoming students can receive four credits toward a biology degree with an AP exam.
- Students who wish to earn credit for the AP exam in biology must have their score sent to the Hope College Registrar.
- Students with a score of 4 or 5 will receive a total of four credits for Biology 106
and 108, Introductory Biology II and lab.
- Students interested in majoring in Biology, or a related major, should register for Biology 105 and 107, Introductory Biology I and lab, in the fall semester of freshman year.
- These AP credits will count toward the 28 credits (B.A. degree) or 36 credits (B.S. degree) required for a major in biology. Students must satisfy all the other requirements for a biology major.
- Students who receive a 4 or 5 on the AP test but elect to still take Biology 106 and 108, Introductory Biology II and lab, can have the AP credits count towards graduation. However, these AP credits will NOT count then towards either a B.A. or B.S. degree in Biology (since those hours will be credited by Biology 106 and 108 courses themselves). Please contact the chair of Biology for additional details regarding this option.
- For students not intending on majoring in science, the College regards the four credits of AP for Biology 106 and 108 as satisfactory for credit as a lab science course in general education.
A. Paul Schaap Science Center35 East 12th StreetRoom 2103Holland, MI 49423