Leadership Development Program
We provide training to Hope students that will enhance their effectivness as servant leaders.
Our leadership training makes the case for three essential truths:
- Effective leadership is the indispensable ingredient to the success of any group or entity
- Each of us can be a unique, highly effective leader
- Servant leadership is the optimum model
SERVANT LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES
- S – SELFLESS
- Show concern for others and a willingness to sacrifice personal status or desires. Recognize a call to stewardship for the talents of the team. Exercise humility.
- E – EMPATHETIC
- Be sensitive to and respectful of the feelings, thoughts and expereiences of others. Listen intently to understand each person, all made in God's image and His beloved. Persuade through openness and engagement, not coercing through authority.
- R – RELIABLE
- Deserve the trust of others. Be a person of discipline and virtue so that you can be counted on. Continuously develop your own gifts, knowledge and competence.
- V – VISIONARY
- Understand the power of shared vision and values for building community. Hold, communicate and champion a compelling vision. Practice foresight on behalf of the team.
- A – AUTHENTIC
- Know and appreciate yourself. Be transparent and vulnerable in relationships. Show your character consistently, without pretense.
- N – NURTURING
- Enable your team members to flourish and grow towards their potential. Demonstrate agape love, marked by commitment and faithfulness. Be vigilant in managing the resources entrusted to you.
- T – TENACIOUS
- Be firm in adhering to values and principles while in pursuit of excellent results. Show passion, grit and courage in ways that foster the same in others.
Van Zoeren Hall41 Graves PlaceRoom 182Holland, MI 49423