Are you ready to jump-start your journey as an economics and business student?
Maybe you already know your career aspirations and are eager to begin developing professional skills. Or, maybe you're feeling confused about which major or job fits you best. No matter where you are, the Launch program is a great place to start.
This nine-week, immersive program surrounds students who have an interest in exploring economics and business. Together, we’ll take a broad look at business before making decisions about your future. And through workshops and projects, you’ll develop skills for whatever comes next.
Even before you take your first class in the department, Launch is an important step toward discovering your calling and making the most of your experience as an economics and business student. Here's how:
- Connect with other economics and business students and build relationships that will last far beyond your first year
- Get to know department faculty before you have them in class
- Visit local companies to get a first-hand look at the variety of firms, industries and roles within the business world
- Take an active role in expert-led workshops and develop professional skills that are critical to college, career and life
- Learn about future opportunities to engage as an economics and business student through departmental co-curricular programs
- Put your skills to the test with a team project and presentation
- Gain introductory knowledge on a selected business topic
Interested? Applications are now open! Apply online by September 23. All students will be notified of their application status by October 8 (limited seats are available).