China May Term
Experience “China's Modern Growth” first-hand with department faculty and students. The next China May Term will be offered May 2020.
CHINA’S MODERN GROWTH
China’s profound economic transformation over the past 40 years may make the 21st century the “Chinese Century.” But what's really happening there? This study/travel course offers a vivid, personal introduction to China’s modern growth and all of its economic achievements and challenges. What lessons does China’s complex rise have for U.S. policy, for global business management, for poor countries’ economic policies and for the Christian church? Students prepare on campus over spring term and then embark on a 19-day journey that traverses China.
For the May Term, enroll in one of the following four-credit courses: ECON 395 or BUS 395 – China's Modern Growth. These credits may be applied as electives for economics, business and accounting students or a general college credit.
- Visit businesses and factories across China
- Explore major historical and cultural sites including:
- Shanghai’s “bund” and new PuDong area
- Hong Kong’s historic Central District
- Beijing’s Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the Great Wall
- Chengdu’s spectacular mountains and panda sanctuary
- Meet Chinese business people, scholars and students
- Worship with and meet Chinese Christians
- Experience street life and urban culture in major Chinese cities
Information meetings are held in the fall with details on program fees and tuition. Watch the Hope calendar and department webiste for specific dates and times. If you are a declared department major, watch for an email in your inbox.
Applications will be posted at firstname.lastname@example.org in the fall and are due by December 1.
Interested in China May Term?
Information meetings are held in October.
Van Zoeren Hall41 Graves PlaceHolland, MI 49423