Scholarships are available for women and underpresented minorities who are interested in STEM fields during their college education.
- The Gates Millennium Scholars Program
Selects 1,000 talented students each year to receive a good-through-graduation scholarship to use at any college or university of their choice.
- Microsoft Technical Scholarships
Awards college tuition scholarships each year to encourage students to pursue studies in computer science and related STEM disciplines. Chosen recipients will be awarded in recognition of their demonstrated passion for technology, academic excellence and leadership while working to make a difference in the software industry.
- Women Techmakers Scholars Program
$10,000 scholarship fund for female students in the computer science, computer engineering or closely related field. Recipients will be invited to the Annual Google Scholars retreat in Mountain View.
- The Generation Google Scholarship
$10,000 scholarship to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Recipients will be invited to the Annual Google Scholars retreat in Mountain View.
- Xerox Technical Minority Scholarship
Awards between $1,000 and $10,000 to qualified minorities enrolled in a technical degree program at the bachelor level or above.
Scholarships for Hispanic students
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Foundation
The SHPE Foundation Scholarship Program exists to help Hispanic students pursue degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Merit-based and need-based scholarships ranging from $1,000–$5,000 are awarded to Hispanic students who demonstrate significant motivation and aptitude for education and careers in STEM fields.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund offers a host of scholarships for students studying in all fields.
- Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
HACU awards a variety of scholarships for students who demonstrate financial need.
- Hispanic Dental Association
A variety of scholarships ranging from $1,000–$10,000 for students interested in studying dentistry.
- League of United Latin American CitizensIn conjunction with General Electric, awards two Hispanic students studying business or engineering with $5,000 scholarships.
- National Alliance for Hispanic HealthIn partnership with the Merck Company Foundation, awards $2,000 scholarships to selected students with a declared STEM major.
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses
Awards scholarships based on funds each year. Last year 16 students interested in nursing won $5,000 and one student one $2,000.
Scholarships for African Americans
- UNCF/Merck Undergraduate Science Research Scholarship AwardsAwards scholarships up to $25,000 for college juniors with science or engineering majors.
A. Paul Schaap Science Center35 East 12th StreetRoom 3063Holland, MI 49423