Global Development Opportunities for Faculty
The Center for Global Engagement is connected to affiliate programs throughout the
world, and we’re able to offer them to our Hope College faculty for furthering professional
By exchanging ideas with other faculty around the globe, you’ll be able to enhance your teaching methods and create an international conversation in your classroom, benefitting your students.
Our affiliate programs around the world are well-equipped for helping to enhance your professional development and provide a unique view into other methods. See the links below and contact our office for more information.
- CIEE - International Faculty Development Seminars
- IES Abroad - Familiarization Tours
- IES Abroad - Faculty Development Seminars
- SIT Faculty Seminars Abroad
Are you leading a group of students off-campus? If so, please be sure to complete the appropriate paperwork. For questions about these forms or other health and safety related questions, please contact the chair of the risk management team, Dr. Richard Frost.
Advising Your Students
We offer guidance on advising your students before and after their off-campus programs or during their stay as international students. Please contact us with any questions you might have and/or if you would like to receive the Faculty Advising Guide for Off-Campus Study.
Looking for more information about specific programs?
- Academic Year at Waseda University, Japan
Are you interested in spending a year in Japan as a resident director? Each year, a GLCA/ACM faculty member is selected to spend a year teaching at the Japan Study Program hosted at Waseda University. Typically this is considered a year of teaching, rather than a sabbatical year. For more information, please visit Japan Study or contact:
Dr. Dyron Dabney
Director, Japan Study
- Japan Study Faculty Development Grant
- Are you interested in research and development opportunities in Japan? Contact Japan Study for grant opportunities.
- International Week at Technos College, Japan
- Are you interested in leading a small group of students to Japan to participate in the annual International Week at Technos College? Please contact Amy Otis-De Grau at x7605 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research/Collaborative work at one of our global partners
- For opportunities to conduct research and/or teach overseas at one of our global partners, please contact Amy Otis-De Grau at x7605 or email@example.com