|hope college > office of sponsored research programs|
The fact you're reading this page indicates you've begun the grant writing process. It's crucial to research the "how to's" before you begin writing. Dr. David Leary, University of Richmond, once stated that grant writing is a way to clarify your own thinking. Consider the process a way to become a better researcher, teacher and administrator with the expectation your proposal will provide you the means to pursue your goals.
The Sponsored Research Office would like to help you achieve those goals by providing a few simple steps to get you started.
1. Alert key people on campus at least 1 month prior of agency deadline by completing the required Early Notification Form.
2. Develop a project outline.
3. Develop an estimated budget.
3. Write a one-page abstract/executive summary.
4. Find a mentor in your area who is an experienced grant writer.