Fall 2020 Information
During the fall semester, the Office of Financial Aid will be operating both in person and remotely to continue providing you with the services you expect.
Please read below for instructions for our services and for minimizing the spread of covid-19, if you need to visit our office in person.
Office Hours, E-mail and Phones
Our staff will continue working 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday through Friday, as we have always done. Staff will be on a rotating schedule with remote and in-office hours.
We are able to assist you Monday through Friday:
- Open in-office hours: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Phone (616.395.7765): Answered when staff are in office 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Voice messages received from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. will be addressed promptly
- Email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) reviewed: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
To limit person-to-person contact, please feel free to email, or call us to see if your question can be answered without in office contact. Also, visit our website frequently as we are updating information as we receive it.
Visiting the Office
When visiting the office in person:
- Masks must be worn at all times while in our office, per college regulations
- Walk-in assistance available 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- The doors to our office will be propped open
- No more than three people in the reception area at one time, not including staff
- Wait at least 6 feet behind the person in front of you; if the lobby is full please wait in the hallway, and someone will be with you as soon as possible
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is the Michigan Tuition Grant or Michigan Competitive Scholarship still pending on my account?
- At this time, it is unclear how much funding for the MTG and MCS programs will be included in the state of Michigan budget ultimately approved by the governor. We have estimated your current award using the 2019–2020 maximum annual award of $2,800. If the 2020–2021 annual award maximum is less than $2,800, we will be forced to reduce your award and you will be responsible for the balance due as a result of this reduction. We wanted to make you aware of this possibility now so you can begin to prepare for this potential reduction.
- I want to decline or reduce my awarded federal student loans. What do I do?
- Please send us an email with your Hope ID along with the changes you wish to make, and we can update your account accordingly.
- How do I complete my Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling?
- Go to studentaid.gov. Once logged in, select Complete Aid Process and click Complete Entrance Counseling. Select START. When done with Entrance Counseling, select Complete Master Promissory Note. Select START MPN for Subsidized /Unsubsidized Loan. Hope College will receive your entrance counseling confirmation and MPN signature electronically.
- I cannot get the studentaid.gov website to work to complete my outstanding requirements. What do I do?
- Please try using a different browser, we have found that not all browsers are compatible and switching seems to solve the problem.
Anderson-Werkman Center100 East 8th StreetSuite 230Holland, MI 49423