Roommates are an exciting part of your college experience.
Once you receive your roommate match through your plus.hope.edu account, reach out via phone or email before you arrive on campus.
Open, candid communication about your expectations for sharing a space will help ensure that the first semester goes smoothly. Here are a few suggestions for things to talk over with your roommate:
- What type of environment do you need for studying?
- Can you fall asleep with music or the TV on?
- Do you have any allergies?
- How do you feel about people of the opposite sex in our space?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- What is your definition of “clean”?
- What appliances/electronics are you planning to bring? What can we share?
- What made you choose Hope?
- What is your family like?
- What kinds of things are you hoping to get involved with on campus?
community picnic on windmill island
Hope College and the Holland community enjoy an annual picnic lunch at Windmill Island each fall. Watch the Hope calendar for the 2022 date!
Bultman Student Center115 East 12th StreetSuite 107Holland, MI 49423