Meet the Congress
Chandler Alberda is a senior at Hope from Austin, Texas, studying communication with an interest in marketing, graphic design and public relations. Along with being involved with Student Congress for the past three years, Chandler works as the social media coordinator the college’s Public Affairs and Marketing division. Her activities at Hope have included serving as a resident assistant in Dykstra Hall, the Delta Phi sorority, the Student Activities Committee, the Student Ambassadors program of the Alumni and Family Engagement office and Dance Marathon.
Aubrey A. Wilson is a junior at Hope from Zeeland, Michigan, studying communications and business. Along with being involved with Student Congress for the past two years, Aubrey interns at the Alumni and Family Engagement Office and works in the Admissions Office as a tour guide. Her activities at Hope have included serving as a Capernaum leader, the volleyball program, Campus Ministries Bible studies, intramural sports, the Delta Phi sorority, the Greek Judicial Board and the Dance Marathon Dream Team.
Holden Dippel is a senior at Hope from Mason, Michigan, studying business with a concentration in finance and minors in accounting and communication. Along with working with Student Congress Appropriations for the past two years, Holden works as a teacher assistant and student consultant. His leisure activities at Hope include many intramural sports, and he is a former member of the men's soccer team.
Chief of Staff
Katie Lund is a senior from Big Rapids, Michigan, studying political science with an interest in economic and domestic policies. In addition to being involved in Student Congress for the past two years, as a Kollen Hall Representative then as a Junior Class Representative, Katie is involved with the Tocqueville Forum student group and works for a friend’s State Representative campaign. Her former activities at Hope have included Nykerk Song, Vox Populi and Hope College Republicans.
Chief of Culture and Inclusion
Montserrat Dorantes is a junior at Hope from Rochester Hills, Michigan, studying Spanish with an interest in going to medical school. Along with being involved with Student Congress this year, Montserrat works as a TA in the chemistry department and in the Center for Diversity and Inclusion. Her activities at Hope have included serving as a resident assistant in Gilmore Hall, being part of the Residential Life Student Leadership Team, the Alpha Gamma Phi sorority, Nykerk Oration, undergraduate research, Women of Color United and F.A.C.E.S.
- Ryann Stutz, Senior Class Representative
- Lana Van Til, Senior Class Representative
- Matt Scheneman, Junior Class Representative
- Jacob Woodford, Junior Class Representative
- Grace Purdue, Sophomore Class Representative
- Luke Rufenacht, Sophomore Class Representative
- Mara Benitez, Secretary
- Jacob Murray, Chief of Public Affairs
- Anthony Aragon Orozco, Chief of Culture and Inclusion Elect
- Andrew Rapps, Controller Elect
- Cook Hall: Contact email@example.com if you are interested in representing Cook Hall
- Durfee Hall: Ethan Getchell
- Dykstra Hall: Elizbeth Bassett,Morgynn Vallieres, and Gretel Weller
- Gilmore Hall: Helen Weston
- Kollen Hall: Molly Douma and Garett Shrode
- Phelps Hall: Paige Nielsen
- Scott Hall: Juliana Struyk
- Wyckoff Hall: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in representing Wyckoff Hall
- Voorhees Hall: Caroline Miota
- Lichty Hall: Ashish Duvvuru
- Van Vleck Hall: Contact email@example.com if you are interested in representing Van Vleck Hall
- Neighborhood Representatives: Mical Knafel and Hannah Ashby
- Off-Campus Representatives: Gareth Ulmer
- Campus Representatives: Ruth Holloway, Abigail Holm, Etthan Graber, Mary Kamara-Hagemeyer, and Abby Scutch