Join ExploreHope’s engaging camps and activities! Summer camps, scout badge days, middle school girls day and teacher professional experiences let kids explore, learn and grow. There’s something for everyone!
2017–2018 Saturday Program Schedule Announced!
We engage Hope students in these innovative experiential learning programs to provide unique pre-professional experiences to their education.
- About ExploreHope
Hope pre-professional students manage, plan and run educational programs for K–12 students and teachers in the community. Student cohorts focus on programs in their area of study while learning team work, project management, curriculum development and instructional skills that are required in their future careers.
The Center for Exploratory Learning (ExploreHope) in turn offers innovative programming for the community allowing K–12 students and teachers to experience hands-on activities in science, engineering, math and the arts. Summer and afterschool programs expand learning opportunities that complement in-classroom goals.
- Upcoming Events
Registration for Saturday programs will open in August. Mark your calendars!!
Fall 2017 Michigan Children's Choir
Unchanged voices from grades K-8 are welcome.
Registration and details here.
Musical Arts Academy Fall Programs — Register today!
Saturday, October 21, 2017 Brownies and Daisies!
Earn New Think Like and Engineer Badges — Register today!
Saturday, November 18, 2017 Western Michigan Regional Pre-Veterinary Symposium
High school students interested in veterinary careers are encouraged to attend.
Saturday, November 18, 2017 Boy Scout Merit Badge Day — Register today!
Environmental Science or Electronics/Nova Whoosh
Saturday, January 6, 2018 Girl Scout Junior Journey in a Day
Think Like an Engineer — Register today!
Saturday, January 13, 2018 Nuclear Science!
Boy Scout Merit Badge Day — Registration opens in October
Girl Scout Cadette/Senior/Ambassador Career Day — Register today!
Saturday, February 24, 2018 Middle School Girls Day!
Grades 6-8 Fall in Love with Science
Saturday, March 3, 2018 Brain Day!
Calling brains of all ages to explore hands-on.
Adventures for Cub Scouts available
Saturday, April 21, 2018 Girl Scout Earth Day!
Girls Scouts of all ages welcome to celebrate Outdoor STEM and Earth Day activities. Register today!
- Participation for all students
- ExploreHope aims to include a diverse population of participants that reflect the community at large regardless of financial or logistical barriers to participation. All students are invited to apply and participate in any ExploreHope program. Contact us if you or someone you know needs financial assistance to participate.
- Community Partnerships
- The West Michigan community is a great place for education. ExploreHope is thankful for the many partners and supporters who make our programs possible. We'd love to include you on that list! Contact us to provide in-kind donations, program speakers or scholarship funds.
- Hope Student Experiential Learning Opportunities
As Hope trains our students to be active, contributing members of their communities, experiential learning opportunities will play a central role in shaping the type of citizen they will become. Student cohorts focus on programs in their area of study while learning team work, project management, curriculum development and instructional skills that are required in their future careers. ExploreHope experiential learning opportunities push students to grow in the areas of:
- Professional skills
- Interpersonal communication
- Program management and delivery
- Interactions with diverse set of people
- Personal responsibility
- Professional society meeting presentations
Applications to join our 2018 summer staff will be available in December. Email us if you have any questions. email@example.com
- Support Us!
- ExploreHope is self-funded center of Hope College. Join us in creating innovative learning opportunities for our area youth. Contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how you can support our scholarship program, in-kind donations, program speakers or Hope student experiential learning opportunities.
Thank you for an amazing 2017 Summer Science Camp Season!
We've had an amazing 6 weeks with the campers and the inspiring Hope student staff.
Keep us in mind next summer - We'll have our 2018 schedule up in January
A. Paul Schaap Science CenterHolland, MI 49423
Hope by the Numbers
- 1,000+Summer Science Camp Participants
Join more than 1,000 other participants in our fun learning environment this summer.Sign up for a Summer Science Camp
- 20Hope Camp Staff
Summer Science Camps provides an engaging, pre-professional experiential learning opportunity for students of all majors. We have 20 student employees every summer.
- 350+Scout Badges Earned
Over 350 scouts joined us on campus to earn Boy and Girl Scout Badges in 2016.Explore our scout programs
- 15Departmental Partnerships
15 departments across campus contribute to our innovative camp curriculum.