Step Up helps middle school students succeed in school and develop their future potential by caring for their social, emotional and academic needs within a mentoring context.
New Step Up Dates
Starting fall 2023, Step Up will move from meeting Mondays and Wednesdays to Tuesdays and Thursdays. These times will remain the same for Holland Middle School, Harbor Lights and Macatawa Bay.
New time added for Corpus Christi and Eagle Crest! Tuesdays and Thursdays 4–5:30 p.m. Please fill out the specific Corpus Christi & Eagle Crest application.
“Step Up helps me do better on my homework and study more.”
—Anelise, Holland West K–7
- Academic Support: Students receive help with their homework and improve academic skills by working with a mentor individually or in small groups (maximum 1:2 ratio)
- Mentoring Relationships: Students interact each week with caring, consistent mentors who serve as role models, advocates and tutors
- Enrichment Programming: Students participate in additional educational, cultural and social activities on site and in the local community with their mentors
- Summer Program: Students are invited to learn in an interactive summer program and grow their academic and self awareness as well as consider future educational possibilities
- Parent Support and Involvement: Parents attend special sessions alongside their students to learn about issues facing their children and ways to best support them