TRIO Upward Bound is a pre-college preparatory program for students grades 8–12 who are interested in pursuing an educational program beyond high school.
Upward Bound is designed to work with high school students from first generation college and low income families. The purpose of Upward Bound is to help you develop the motivation and academic skills necessary to successfully complete high school. We also helps you enroll into the college or university of your choice and help you explore careers.
We welcome applications from students who:
- Demonstrate need (financial and academic): TRIO is a federally funded program that is free for students whose family meets the federal register income guidelines and/or who meet first-generation requirements (i.e., your parents do not have a four-year degree).
- Demonstrate academic promise: The ability, motivation and commitment to succeed will be assessed by recommendations and standardized test scores required with your Upward Bound application.
- Demonstrate college aspirations as evidenced by recommendations and a personal interview.
- Attend one of the three TRIO Upward Bound target schools:
- Fennville High School
- Holland High School
- West Ottawa High School
Hope by the Numbers
- 100%High School Graduation Rate
100% of seniors enrolled in Upward Bound graduated from high school.
- 75%College Entrance
75% of Upward Bound seniors entered college the fall after they graduated from high school.
- 75%Cumulative GPA
75% of Upward Bound students had a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better (on a four-point scale) at the end of the school year.
- 65%College Graduation Rate
65% of Upward Bound students graduated from college within four to six years.