*This process is for all students entering Hope in fall 2021 as freshmen or later. If you are not part of this group, please contact the department.
- Attend a required group advising session for non-declared freshmen and sophomores. Sessions are offered in February and September each year. Upcoming dates are listed on our department website.
- Have an overall GPA of 2.7 (at application)
- Receive a minimum grade of C (2.0) in all prerequisite courses
- Completed one of the following course and grade requirements:
- Taken all required courses listed below (majority taken at Hope College) earning a 2.5 GPA in those courses
- Or, an early declaration can occur if you have taken three of the bolded courses (one of the three classes must be in the major declaring) at Hope College and have earned a 2.7 GPA in these courses.
All Accounting and Business Majors, Minors and Concentrations (including Finance, Human Resources and Marketing)
|Economics Majors & Minors|
(*3 of these with a 2.7 GPA = early declaration)
(If you received AP credit for any of these courses, it will count towards your declaration requirements.)
How to declare
You should complete the following soon after receiving your grades, but no later than the end of February or September to receive an advisor for the current semester:
View the Department of Economics and Business Declaration to:
- Complete an information survey
- Complete and attach a Declaration Form
- Upload and attach your transcript showing the required GPA and courses taken
- Upload your photo
Once the information above is reviewed by the department you will:
- Receive an email acceptance letter (sent out monthly or after semester end)
- Be assigned to an individual department faculty advisor
Interested in Economics and Business?
If you’d like to speak with a member of our faculty, contact the department and we'll get you connected.
Van Zoeren Hall41 Graves PlaceHolland, MI 49423