Special Programs and Opportunities
- Off-Campus Study
- Maybe you yearn to get outside the Hope campus “bubble” and study for a semester in a U.S. metropolitan landscape or venture out to another country. Consider China, London, or Jamaica May terms. In addition, Hope’s Fried Center for Global Engagement offers a wide variety of off-campus options.
- Baker Scholars
- Perhaps you are laser-focused on a career in business. Hope is one of only 33 schools nationwide to offer the prestigious George F. Baker Scholars Program.
- Business Club
- Get involved right away as a freshman interested in economics and business. The Hope College Business Club is the largest student-led organization on campus, with 200+ members.
- Launch Program
- First-year students interested in the department can jump-start their journey through the nine-week Launch Program, which provides an introduction to the business world.
- Hope Entrepreneurship Initiative (HEI)
- Whether you are interested in starting your own business or just challenging yourself to think in new and innovative ways, the Hope Entrepreneurship Initiative can help you develop critical skills through networking, exposure, personal development and hands-on experience.
- Markets & Morality
- Explore economics issues through a Christian lens. Join Markets & Morality and help bring speakers and film screenings to campus to enrich the Hope community’s understanding of markets.
- Case Competitions
- Team up with your business classmates and compete against other regional college teams in a variety of case competitions.
- Center For Leadership
- Ever thought about owning your own business? Or helping companies or nonprofit organizations with a business challenge? The Center for Leadership offers academic classes in leadership skills, invaluable start up advice to help get your company off the ground, and ways to connect with a group of students and experienced business leaders to consult on a project together.
GET INVOLVED RIGHT AWAY!
As a first-year student, join the Business Club and start exploring your options in economics and business.
Economics and Business
Van Zoeren Hall41 Graves PlaceHolland, MI 49423