The Department of Nursing offers a bachelor of science in nursing.
Hope students interested in declaring a major in nursing are invited to apply for program admission after meeting application requirements. Students typically apply in the spring semester of their freshman year and begin nursing courses in their sophomore year. Most students will complete their BSN in four years at Hope. Students graduate with hands-on research experience and at least 500 hours of clinical experience.
While we don’t offer a minor in nursing, nursing students often minor in other subjects such as psychology, sociology or modern and classical languages. Some nursing majors choose to extend their studies to complete a double-major.
Program Admissions Requirements
All the required items for application for admittance into the nursing major must
be received by February 1 or October 1 to receive a response prior to registration for the following semester. The application will include:
- Nursing Admission Application Form
- Two professional references, one of which must be from a Hope professor
- Hope transcript showing:
- A cumulative GPA at Hope College of at least 3.2
- Completion of at least one required natural science course
- Enrollment in at least one additional natural science course
- Completion or enrollment in a required social science course
- Minimum grade of C for each prerequisite nursing course
In addition, consideration will be given to:
- ACT/SAT scores
- Results of a standardized pre-nursing exam (not required for students with preacceptance status)
- Pre-nursing essay, written in a proctored environment (not required for students with preacceptance status)
A. Paul Schaap Science Center35 East 12th StreetRoom 1112Holland, MI 49423