We understand that managing the cost of education is a challenge for most families.
Hope has set up a program that offers an affordable, convenient payment option for meeting college costs.
- Billing Statement (e-Bill)
e-bill is a service where students and other trusted, authorized persons (e.g., parents) can access student account information online.
If you're a student, log in to plus.hope.edu to access your account under "Online Bill and Payment."
To add payers (parents, family or others) when you're on your student account online, click on the left menu item that says “My Account,” then scroll down until you come to “Payers.” Then, click “Send a payer invitation” and fill in the payer’s information. The payer will receive an email containing a link, username and password.
Authorized users will be given a username and password to log in to view student account information online. Authorized users will have access to view bills, make payments and enroll in the installment plan.
- Forms of Payment
We accept credit card payments. Hope College has selected a third-party company that is PCI-certified to process credit card payments on our behalf. The fee is 2.85% of the amount charged with a minimum service fee of $3. This fee was determined by the third-party service provider as the cost of providing the service. Fees paid on the credit card transaction are collected by the third party processor for this service.
Electronic checks are accepted as payment. Enter the routing number and account number from your checking account in the online payment system.
Cash payments are accepted at Business Services.
You may pay by check or money order at Business Services. All payments that are returned by the bank are subject to a $25 returned check fee. When mailing your payment, please print out the Statement of Account and return it with the payment to:
Hope College Business Services
100 East 8th Street, Suite 280
Holland, MI 49423
If you are unable to send a copy of the statement with your payment, please write the student name and student ID on the check or money order.
Wire payments to Hope College using the information below.
Receiving Bank: PNC Bank, 171 Monroe Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Routing #: 043000096
Account #: 1029073021
PNC SWIFT CODE: PNCCUS33 (non-US banking source)
Beneficiary: Hope College, 100 East 8th Street, Suite 280, Holland, MI 49423.
Please include the student ID number and the student's name.
International wire transfers
Transact International Payments offers international students and their parents a secure and seamless way to pay for tuition and fees in your currency of choice. Without leaving the student portal, you can quickly and conveniently make an international payment from over 160 countries, using more than 130 currencies — including Alipay, WeChat and other popular alternative payment methods.
- Receive preferential foreign exchange rates with zero international wire fees or bank transfer fees
- Rate details are presented directly in your account based on the country selected
- Real-time account updates and fund tracking status notifications
- Multilingual, dedicated payment and account support 24/7 via phone, chat, email and web
A few of the countries supported include; China, India, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Canada, Vietnam, Taiwan, Brazil, Japan and Mexico among many more!
How to make a payment:
- Log into plus.hope.edu, select student accounts and then Online Bill and Payment
- Select item to pay and checkout
- Choose to pay by foreign currency
- Select where you’re paying from and who is paying
- Obtain payment instructions
- Complete your student payment online or in-person
If you have questions about your statement or charges, please contact the Business Services.
If you have a payment in progress and have questions or need help with a payment initiated by foreign currency, please contact the Transact International Payments customer support team at +1.888.381.5054.
- Installment Plan
The Hope College installment plan allows you to pay semester expenses in five interest-free installments. The only additional cost to you is a $25 enrollment fee per semester. Enrollment begins in July after you receive your initial e-bill. The option to enroll is an online process.
- An e-bill is available for viewing at the beginning of each month. Each student and authorized user will be notified by email.
- Payment for that month is established. Changes occurring within that month will not change the current payment due. Account changes (charges or credits) will affect only future installments. If the reduction or increase in payment would be significant, please call our office and we can make the adjustment for you.
- Auto-payments are also available at no additional cost.
- Fall Semester: Enroll after viewing your July e-bill. The first payment is due July 30th and the final payment is due on November 30.
- Spring Semester: Enroll after viewing your December e-bill. The first payment is due on December 31st and the final payment is due on April 30.
Anderson-Werkman Center100 East 8th StreetSuite 280Holland, MI 49423