Deadlines for Outgoing Mail (Monday–Friday)
- FIRST CLASS PRESORTED MAIL
- Most unstamped, letter-size envelopes that arrive in Print and Mail Services prior to 2:15 p.m. are sent out as First Class Presort, which is less expensive than First Class. For large mailings sent out after 2:15 p.m., please let us know whether you would prefer it sent out First Class on that day or held until the following day for Presort.
- METERED MAIL
All unstamped mail to be metered should be in trays or rubber banded together with the unsealed flaps up. Also include your account number in the upper left-hand corner of at least the top envelope. Do not allow adhesive closures to get wet or they may stick together and prevent processing. Separate and bundle mail according in the following categories:
- Airmail/international mail
- Stamped mail
- Domestic mail to be metered
- On-campus department mail
- On campus residential mail (halls, apartments and cottages)
Please use rubber bands from the desk or ask for trays for group mailings.
Always keep airmail (international mail) separate from domestic mail.
- All outgoing items must have a completed United Parcel Shipping Record (avaiable at Print and Mail Services) or have a prepaid label attached. Outgoing items must be at Print and Mail Services by 3:20 p.m.
- Complete either a Package US Airbill or International Air Waybill (available an Print and Mail Services for all outgoing items). Outgoing items must be at Print and Mail Services by 1 p.m.
- AIRMAIL/ INTERNATIONAL PACKAGES
- The country that the mail is being sent to must be clearly written on the last line of the address.
- For all airmail other than letters 1/4" thick or more, a USPS Customs Form must be completed. Attach three completed and signed copies of the customs form to the package. The USPS no longer accepts handwritten customs forms
- INTER-CAMPUS MAIL
For students: All mail being directed to a student must have the student's name visible on the envelope or package (no postage is required for inter-campus delivery).
For faculty/staff: Please contact Kristi Rosendahl for helpful guidelines prior to sending a mass mailing to faculty or staff.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.*
Saturdays in the school year: 9:30 a.m.–noon (pick-up only)
*Mail processing ends at 4 p.m.
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetFloor 1Holland, MI 49423