Summer terms include May Term, June Term and July Term. Each term is four weeks long.
Registration for summer terms is available to currently enrolled degree-seeking students who are not graduating in May and deposit-paid non-degree-seeking students.
All holds must be resolved before you can register. Because course content is condensed into four weeks, the maximum number of credits that may be taken in any term is six.
SEARCH THE SCHEDULE FOR ONLINE, ON-CAMPUS OR OFF-CAMPUS COURSES
You can search specifically for summer online, on-campus or off-campus courses on the course schedule. After you have selected your desired summer term, go to the Campus box:
- For online courses, select “On-Line”
- For on-campus courses, select “Main Campus”
- For domestic off-campus courses, select “Domestic Off-Campus”
- For international off-campus courses, select “Study Abroad/Off-Campus”
To see all subjects, check the “Show all subjects” box.
ONLINE AND ON-CAMPUS COURSES
If you are a currently enrolled degree seeking student and have not applied to graduate in May, you will be sent an email in January with details about summer registration.
If you are readmitting to Hope for a summer term, you can register when your deposit is paid and registration is open. The Registrar's Office will contact you after Admissions receives your deposit.
If you are a non-degree-seeking student and you have paid a deposit for a summer term, you will be contacted separately by the Registrar’s Office about registration.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- The class schedule for 2017 summer terms is now live.
- See above for instructions for searching for online or on-campus courses.
- Degree-seeking students register online through plus.hope.edu.
- Non-degree-seeking students register with the Registrar’s Office.
- If you applied to graduate in May and have decided to push back your graduation date so you can take a summer class and apply it to your degree, come to the Registrar's Office or send us an email.
- Check the Academic Calendar for registration deadline dates, the last day to withdraw for a 50% refund and the last day to withdraw for no refund.
- REGISTRATION DETAILS/HOW TO REGISTER
- Registration for 2017 online and on-campus summer terms will open on February 6, 2017. Registration closes two days after the start of the term.
- Read instructions for registering through plus.hope.edu. Note there are no wait lists for summer classes and you do not need a registration PIN to register.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- You don’t need permission to add an open course through plus.hope.edu during the registration period.
- You do need permission to add a closed course, and you can request it via the drop/add process.
- You do need permission for course that has a PERMISSION status, and you can get it from the instructor either via email or permission slip. Bring the permission to the Registrar’s Office so staff can add you to the class.
- During the summer only — from the end of the spring semester through the middle of August — you may forward your email permissions for a course to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will complete a drop/add slip for you and adjust your schedule. Please forward all permissions at the same time.
- You don’t need permission to drop a course through plus.hope.edu, as long as you do it before the registration deadline. After the registration deadline, you can only withdraw for a W grade in the Registrar's Office.
To get started with participating in a summer off-campus program, visit the off-campus program website. Here you can search for programs by location, name, term and more.
To find a summer program, select “May/June - both” in the Term field to see results only for Vienna Summer School. Select “May” or “June” in the Term field to return results for all summer programs for the selected term.