Summer terms include May Term, June Term and July Term. Each term is four weeks long.
Registration for summer terms is available to currently enrolled degree-seeking students who are not graduating in May and deposit-paid non-degree-seeking students.
During the summer terms, Hope offers courses online and on campus, as well as off-campus programs.
All holds must be resolved before you can register. Because course content is condensed into four weeks, the maximum number of credits that may be taken in any term is six.
COURSE SEARCH TIPS
The class schedule has specific search features to help you find the kind of courses you are looking for. First, select your desired summer term. Note that selecting multiple terms will give you incorrect results, so select only one term at a time. If you want to see all subjects, check the "Show all subjects" box. Then, go to the Campus box:
- For online courses, select “On-Line”
- For on-campus courses, select “Main Campus”
- For domestic off-campus courses, select “Domestic Off-Campus”
- For international off-campus courses, select “Study Abroad/Off-Campus”
ONLINE AND ON-CAMPUS COURSES
If you are a currently enrolled degree seeking student and have not applied to graduate in May, you will be sent an email in January with details about summer registration.
If you are readmitting to Hope for a summer term, you can register when your deposit is paid and after registration opens. The Registrar's Office will contact you after Admissions processes your deposit.
If you are a non-degree-seeking student and you have paid a deposit for a summer term, you will be contacted separately by the Registrar’s Office about registration.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- See above for instructions for searching for online or on-campus courses.
- Degree-seeking students register online through plus.hope.edu.
- Non-degree-seeking students register with the Registrar’s Office.
- If you applied to graduate in May and have decided to push back your graduation date so you can take a summer class and apply it to your degree, come to the Registrar's Office or send us an email.
- Check the Academic Calendar for registration deadline dates, the last day to withdraw for a 50% refund and the last day to withdraw for no refund.
- REGISTRATION DETAILS/HOW TO REGISTER
- Registration for 2018 online and on-campus summer terms will open on February 5, 2018. Registration closes two days after the start of the term.
- Instructions for registering in plus.hope.edu are available on our website. You do not need a registration PIN to register for summer classes.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis. There are no wait lists for summer classes.
- You don’t need permission to add an open course during the registration period.
- You do need permission to add a closed course, and you can request it via the drop/add process.
- You do need permission for course that is flagged PERMISSION on the schedule or that has certain restrictions you would like to override — prerequisites, corequisites, declared major/minor or class standing. Contact the instructor of the course and request they fill out the Course Override Form on your behalf. Our office will process the request and email you a confirmation.
- During the summer only — from the end of the spring semester through the middle of August — you may forward your email permission for a course to email@example.com and we will complete a drop/add slip for you and adjust your schedule.
- You don’t need permission to drop a course through plus.hope.edu, as long as you do it before the registration deadline. After the registration deadline, you can only withdraw for a W grade, and that must be done in person, or via email if you are not taking on campus courses.
To get started with participating in a summer off-campus program, visit the off-campus program website. There, you can search for programs by location, name, term and more.
When using the Simple Search, select “May/June - both” in the Term field to see results only for Vienna Summer School. Select “May” or “June” in the Term field to return results for all summer programs for the selected term.