Summer terms include May Term, June Term and July Term. Each term is four weeks long.
Currently enrolled, degree-seeking students who are not graduating in May can register for 2023 summer on-campus and online classes beginning at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, February 7. If you are readmitting to Hope for a summer term, you can register when registration opens and your deposit is paid. The Registrar's Office will contact you after Admissions processes your deposit.
If you applied to graduate this May and have decided to push back your graduation date so you can take a summer class and apply it to your degree, email the Registrar's Office.
Single-term/guest students who have applied and paid a deposit will be contacted and registered separately by the Registrar's Office. Single-term student registration begins on Tuesday, March 7.
View the course offerings and course delivery method/instructional mode on the schedule of courses.
All holds must be resolved before you can register. Because course content is condensed into four weeks, the maximum number of credits that may be taken in any term is six.
- HOW TO REGISTER
- Continuing students will register in plus.hope.edu. You can do this anytime after registration opens, until the term drop/add deadline (listed below and on the Academic Calendar).
- You will not need a registration PIN. You are not required to meet with your advisor beforehand, but we encourage you to anyway to make sure you're on track to graduate. You should also check your progress in your Degree Works.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis. There are no wait lists for summer classes.
- You don’t need permission to add an open course during the registration period.
- You do need permission to add a closed course. Email the instructor asking for permission to add. Once you have permission, fill out the Schedule Change Form. Upload a screenshot of the instructor's permission to the form. When we receive your request and all required permissions, we will process it and email you a confirmation.
- If the course is open (not full) and has restrictions that you do not meet (prerequisites, corequisites, declared major/minor or class standing, or the course is flagged PERMISSION on schedule.hope.edu), you will need an override from the instructor. Contact them and request they fill out the Course Override Form on your behalf. When our office receives their form, we will add the override to your account and email you a confirmation that you can register.
- You don’t need permission to drop a course through plus.hope.edu, as long as you do it before the drop/add deadline. After the deadline, you can only withdraw for a W grade according to course withdrawal guidelines (withdrawal dates listed below). To withdraw from a summer course, get email permssion from the instructor and your advisor, and fill out the Schedule Change Form as listed above.
- OFF-CAMPUS PROGRAMS
To get started with participating in a summer off-campus program, visit the off-campus program website. There, you can search for programs by location, name, term and more.
When using the Simple Search, select "May/June - both" in the Term field to see results only for Vienna Summer School. Select "May" or "June" in the Term field to return results for all summer programs for the selected term.
If you have been approved to study on an off-campus program this summer, the Registrar’s Office will handle your registration for you. We receive the list of approved students from the program directors.
DROP/ADD, REFUND AND WITHDRAWAL DEADLINES
MAY TERM (MAY 8–JUNE 2)
- Drop/add deadline: May 10 at 5 p.m.
- Withdrawal deadline for 50% refund: May 12 at 5 p.m.
- Withdrawal deadline for no refund, or to pass/fail: May 25 at 5 p.m.
- Memorial Day, classes not in session: May 29 at 5 p.m.
june TERM (june 5–30)
- Drop/add deadline: June 7 at 5 p.m.
- Withdrawal deadline for 50% refund: June 9 at 5 p.m.
- Withdrawal deadline for no refund, or to pass/fail: June 22 at 5 p.m.
jULY TERM (JULY 5–31)
- Drop/add deadline: July 7 at 5 p.m.
- Withdrawal deadline for 50% refund: July 11 at 5 p.m.
- Withdrawal deadline for no refund, or to pass/fail: July 21 at 5 p.m.
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetFloor 1Holland, MI 49423