London May Term
Immerse yourself in British culture with department faculty and students.
London May Term
May 8–29, 2017
For 40+ years, our faculty have traveled with department students to London for three weeks in May to explore the economy, politics and culture of the British as they influence values and attitudes toward business and business practices. Day excursions to Bath, Stonehenge, Cambridge, and York provide additional exposure to this lovely country.
For the May Term, enroll in one of the following four-credit courses. These credits may be applied as electives for economics, business and accounting majors or as general college credit.
- BUS 358 or ECON 358 – Management in the British Economy
- IDS 495 – Senior Seminar
- Attend pre-trip meetings and complete assignments during spring semester
- Visit and participate in seminars at business, labor and government organizations
- Read course-specific literature and make oral presentations
- Keep a daily journal
- Enjoy enriching dinner converstions
- Attend theater shows, museums, galleries and concerts
- Visit and learn about historical sights
- Take group trips to Cambridge, Bath, York, and Stonehenge
- Information meetings are held early November with details on program fees and tuition. Watch the Hope calendar and department website for specific dates and times. If you are a declared department major, watch for an email in your inbox.
- Admission to the London May Term is on a competitive basis. Generally, a group of 14–16 students can participate each May.
- Applications will be posted on the website late October and are usually due early December.
Interested in London May Term?
Information meetings will be held early November.
Van Zoeren Hall41 Graves PlaceHolland, MI 49423