The Hope Academy of Senior Professionals (HASP) is a peer-led institution for learning in retirement.
HASP Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
The health and wellness of our members is a top priority. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently updated their guidelines for higher risk individuals as it relates to Coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes older adults and people who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and lung disease. These recommendations include keeping space between yourself and others, avoiding crowds and, during an outbreak in your community, staying home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
The HASP COVID-19 subcommittee has made the following recommendations:
- September Monthly Program will be remote via Zoom. We will make Monthly Program venue decisions on a month by month basis.
- Masks are required in all indoor spaces (HASP classrooms, offices, etc.) regardless of vaccination status.
- Three-foot distancing in classroom/meeting areas.
- Limit of 50 people for in-person classes in the HASP classroom with 3 ft. distancing. Many courses will also be available via Zoom.
- We will not offer coffee/cookie refreshment at this time.
- As a part of our care for one another, we request HASP members who have not been vaccinated to participate in courses via Zoom. Members who have been fully vaccinated may attend classes via Zoom or in-person following the above safety protocols.
Through a variety of courses, lectures, study groups, monthly meetings, and cultural and service events, members pursue avenues of study and engage in the exchange of ideas.
Lifelong learning and service opportunities for retirees have been a major emphasis throughout the history of the Hope Academy of Senior Professionals, which was founded in 1988 and is a member of the Lifelong Learning Institute Resource Network at Road Scholar (formerly Elderhostel).
"HASP programs foster good listening, learning, reading, sharing and the pleasure of discussion." – Dr. John Hollenbach, HASP Founder, May 31, 1988
Our HASP Special Events committee plans monthly events for HASP members. For more information on ...Read More
Contact any of the following to get involved in the curriculum process or to submit new course pr...Read More
February 7th at 1:00 PM February 22nd at 9:30 AM HASP members should have received a letter from ...Read More
PRORATED MEMBERSHIP DUES FOR NEW MEMBERS!It is a GREAT time to invite a friend to join HASP. Memb...Read More
The next HASP Monthly Program meeting will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2022, at the Jack H. Mille...Read More
Courses begin Wednesday, January 19th and registration remains open. You may register for the fir...Read More
Anderson-Werkman Center100 East 8th Street Suite 270Suite 150Holland, MI 49423