Interested in joining HASP? We invite you to learn more by exploring membership requirements and the new member process.
Our members, from varied backgrounds and professions, share the desire to stay intellectually active and engaged. All class participation is voluntary. No one is a stranger for long at HASP. Friendships are made easily in class and through special events. Learn more about HASP or see what's happening at HASP.
- Be of retirement or semi-retirement status
- Show evidence of broad, humane interest, intellectual vitality and inquisitiveness, and a willingness to contribute to the enrichment of the lives of fellow members, Hope College students, faculty and staff, and members of the surrounding community
- Participate actively in HASP programs and classes
- You do not have to be a Hope College alumnus in order to be a member of HASP
- Responsibilities of HASP Membership
- Participation in HASP programs by attendance at the monthly program and annual business meetings
- Enrollment in curricular offerings and special event offerings
- Sharing insights and experiences in HASP programs designed to benefit members as well as others in the college and community
- Serving on a HASP committee when asked to do so
- Opportunities and Privileges of Members
- VanWylen Library: Library privileges are extended to HASP members. Show your HASP name badge at the charge desk to receive a library card. There is no charge.
- College Cultural Activities: Members are invited to attend special lectures, concerts and programs open to the college family as well as those open to the public. The monthly bulletin and emails from the HASP office alert members of such events.
- Access to all course offerings and special events via enrollment/registration process.
- Monthly program held the first Tuesday of each month.
- Parking pass for all faculty/staff lots while attending HASP or Hope events.
- Annual Business Meeting in June.
- HASP members are eligible to dine at Phelps and Cook Servery with the following prices (please show your HASP badge): $6 breakfast, $7.50 lunch, $9 dinner.
- Membership Information Booklet
View or download the membership information booklet (PDF).
BECOMING A NEW MEMBER
- Fill out this form to receive information on HASP and instructions on how to attend a monthly meeting
- Attend a monthly meeting
- Request an application
- Submit application by the 15th of the month for membership beginning the 1st of following month
The HASP fiscal year is July 1 to June 30. Dues are due and payable by July 15 of each fiscal year. Annual dues are $100 and cover the cost of operation (rent, office staff, supplies, printing, refreshments, etc.). Members joining January–April pay pro-rated dues that year.
Hope Academy of Senior Professionals is highly sensitive to the privacy interests of members and believes that the protection of those interests is one of its most significant responsibilities. We do not share member information with any outside groups. We publish only a member directory as a courtesy to our HASP members. We expect members to adhere to the same policy. If you have questions about this policy please direct them to the HASP director at 616.395.7919.
Anderson-Werkman Center100 East 8th Street Suite 270Suite 150Holland, MI 49423