Hanze University Groningen
“Doing Business in Europe” is an enriching summer term program hosted by Hanze University in Groningen, The Netherlands, for economics, business and accounting majors and minors.
“Doing Business in Europe”
Summer Term in the Netherlands
May 25–June 15, 2018
Study with students from around the world
For three weeks in the summer, immerse yourself in a European university setting with other international students. Expand your horizons learning business from a global perspective. All classes for the “Doing Business in Europe” program are in English and are held on the Hanze University Groningen campus. Consisting of lectures, seminars, workshops and excursions to Dutch and German companies, the program is designed for you to learn about intercultural communication, European market entry, and Eurozone legal and financial aspects of business.
For June term, enroll in one of the following courses which will satisfy the three-credit elective requirement for department majors and minors.
- BUS 490 – Business Elective
- ECON 490 – Economics Elective
Experience the Culture
Fly to Amsterdam, take a train ride to Groningen and hop on a bike! While in Groningen, a bicycle is provided for you to see the town and explore the surrounding area. Learn about the Netherlands, its history and its people through social and cultural activities in Groningen and Amsterdam.
- Information meetings are held early November with details on fees and tuition. Watch the Hope calendar and department website for times and dates. If you are a declared department major or minor, watch for an email in your inbox.
- Admission to the Hanze University program is on a competitive basis. The Hanze/Hope exchange agreement allows for up to four Hope students to attend each summer.
- Applications will be posted to the website in October and are usually due mid-December.