Areas of Study
Every area of study has distinct strengths and exceptional opportunities that allow you to experience various aspects of being a musician.
- From the stage to the choir room, the Voice area serves a diverse and creative student population. Local and regional performance opportunities emphasize our commitment to growing experienced musicians.
- The Keyboard area is composed of world-class teacher-performers along with some of the best facilities in West Michigan. We offer courses in piano, organ and harpsichord for all students, both beginners and experts.
- Winds, Brass and Percussion
Vigorous studio instruction matches our professional ensembles to create a strong Winds, Brass and Percussion area. Instruments of study in this area include:
- The Jazz studies area is built on creativity and performance. We offer jazz combo groups for all experience levels.
- Music Education
- The Music Education area provides experiential learning in the classroom with outstanding musical training. We are active participants in conferences, clinics and local school districts.
Our Strings area provides powerhouse studio instruction and chamber music opportunities. Instruments of study in this area include:
- String bass