Areas of Study
Every area of study has distinct strengths and exceptional opportunities that allow you to experience various aspects of being a musician.
- From the stage to the choir room, the Voice area serves a diverse and creative student population. Local and regional performance opportunities emphasize our commitment to growing experienced musicians.
- The Keyboard area is composed of world-class teacher-performers along with some of the best facilities in West Michigan. We offer courses in piano, organ and harpsichord for all students, both beginners and experts.
- Winds, Brass and Percussion
Vigorous studio instruction matches our professional ensembles to create a strong Winds, Brass and Percussion area. Instruments of study in this area include:
- The Jazz studies area is built on creativity and performance. We offer jazz combo groups for all experience levels.
- Music Education
- The Music Education area provides experiential learning in the classroom with outstanding musical training. We are active participants in conferences, clinics and local school districts.
- Recording Arts
- Our state-of-the-art facilities allow for you to unleash your creativity in the studio and on the stage. Learn more.
A broad array of instrumental studies allow for exploration and collaborative study of Folk music. Instruments of study in this area include:
- Folk guitar
- Music History, Theory and Composition
- Research, scholarship and applied studies are integrated in order to produce graduates
that are prepared to study music in the world. Learn more about music history, theory and composition.
Our Strings area provides powerhouse studio instruction and chamber music opportunities. Instruments of study in this area include:
- String bass