Eating and sharing what happened during a day over a meal is important to all of us.
Students that have food allergies and/or special diets have an element of risk when dining. For this reason, we take each student's dietary needs very seriously as we desire each of our guests to have the same experience as every other.
Identifying Your Allergies or Dietary Needs
If you have any allergies or special dietary needs, please review the following steps! Hope College Dining works with every request, seeking to prepare and serve each meal with care while providing students with a safe space to build relationships together.
- 1. DIETARY AWARENESS FORM
Please fill out our Special Diets and Allergen Awareness Form and one of our dining team members will follow up with you.
- 2. SPEAK WITH OUR EXECUTIVE CHEF
Set up a meeting with our executive chef at the beginning of the acaedemic semester. Having a conversation to review your needs, ask questions or troubleshoot different situations is critical for developing a safe, nutritional meal plan.
We will take you into the kitchen to discuss how recipes are followed and how the food is prepared.
- 3. UNDERSTAND THE FOOD ALLERGEN ICONS
We have established a set of allergy icons that will identify ingredients that may cause an allergic reaction:
- contains egg
- contains fish
- contains wheat
- contains milk
- contains peanuts
- contains sesame
- contains shellfish
- contains soy
- contains tree nuts
- 4. REVIEW DAILY MENUS
- Many of the items that will be served as entrées may have the allergen mentioned in the name, which is key for you to read and understand. Allergens will be displayed in a consistent order.
- 5. ASK QUESTIONS
Please contact us at email@example.com if you ever have any questions about Dine at Hope special diets, menus or products.
Our goal is to provide each student with an exceptional dining experience in all aspects. We welcome the opportunity to make this your place to flourish.
We know our campus has a variety of dining needs, including those with special diets and requirements for alternative selections. Options provides diners with specific allergies, intolerances and sensitivities with even more choices so they may continue to enjoy their favorite foods.
- Even More Choices
Students can expect a rotating selection of delicious allergen-sensitive meal options throughout campus. Please understand that Options items may contain one or more allergens. Allergens will be labeled.
- Udi’s gluten-free bread
- Gluten-free muffins, cookies and bagels
- Allergen-free cereals (three daily choices)
- Almond, soy and rice milk
- Individually wrapped meats, cheeses and veggies
- Assortment of dressings and sauces
- Vegan mayonnaise
- And more!
- Even More Locations
- Options coolers and selections can be found in Phelps Dining Hall and Kletz Market. Rest assured we are continuing to expand our offerings across all dining locations at Hope College.
Allergen-related questions, comments or concerns
Director of Hospitality
150 East 10th Street
Holland, MI 49423