Respondus is Now Available
Moodle is our system here at Hope for distributing materials to students, collecting assignments, giving out quizzes and tests, recording grades, and much more! Faculty and students are automatically added to Moodle courses when they are enrolled by the registrar. Learn more about how to set up your courses with the resources below.
Uploading Large Files to Moodle
Other How Tos
- Clone a course from one semester to another
If you are teaching the same course again, you can copy the content from one semester to another. Follow this do-it-yourself guide, or email CIT with the course numbers if you have any trouble (for example: Clone Econ-403-01 S18 to Econ-403-01 F18).
- Combine two sections into one Moodle (meta-course)
If you are teaching two sections of the same course and want to have them combined for the same moodle content, email CIT to request the creation of a meta course.
- Enroll a TA or other participants in your course
- Add a live Google Doc
Great for updating your syllabi or other documents on-the-fly. When in Google Drive, changes that you make to a Google Doc are seen immediately, without needing to re-upload an edited file.
- Insert a video from Google Drive
- Using Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor with Moodle
- Change the course format to "Weekly" or "Topic"
- Make your course available to students
- Moodle Basics Videos by Beth Trembley
Communication from CIT will always be signed by an employee's name. CIT will never ask for your password to keep your account active or to increase your email storage space.
CIT is open Monday–Friday,
8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Durfee Hall110 East 10th StreetHolland, MI 49423